Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not easy keeping up with Randy
Wink 
One was on Randy's hook, one  was on Don's hook and one was just tangled in the lines (not a hook in it).

[Image: 20231012-120934.jpg]
Oh my what a mess to untangle
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Wow, Randy really knows how to haul they in, lol. Does that happen very often?
(10-14-2023, 01:24 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wow, Randy really knows how to haul they in, lol. That that happen very often?

There was a wad of tangled monofilament on the bottom  of the river. Randy and Don both had sturgeon hooked that got tangled together. Those sturgeon got tangled together and they somehow got tangled on the wad of monofilament line.  Not sure how the third sturgeon got tangled in the monofilament line, that also got wrapped around the tail of a third sturgeon. I unhooked the two sturgeon and used my clippers to cut the monofilament and release the third sturgeon.
(10-14-2023, 03:45 AM)Kent Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 01:24 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wow, Randy really knows how to haul they in, lol. That that happen very often?

There was a wad of tangled monofilament on the bottom  of the river. Randy and Don both had sturgeon hooked that got tangled together. Those sturgeon got tangled together and they somehow got tangled on the wad of monofilament line.  Not sure how the third sturgeon got tangled in the monofilament line, that also got wrapped around the tail of a third sturgeon. I unhooked the two sturgeon and used my clippers to cut the monofilament and release the third sturgeon.

It just goes to show how dangerous it is for the sturgeon when line gets tangled or broken off on the bottom, that could have been a death trap for them, glad Randy was able to get them all in. By the way, how long with they, they look to be 2 to 3 footers?
They were ~30" long.

In that area, there are lots of rocks and thus lots of snags and break offs.