Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrrrrrr
Having a hard time dragging the Cowboypirate crew out of the RV this morning. It is cold. Yesterday it rained and blew whitecaps. Got one rainbow for our efforts at Boulder. Wandered up to Meadow and Burnt with nothing to show. Still amazing country to explore I remember why Dad loved it so much. 

If I can get them out of the RV we will go north today and check out New Fork. We have done well there before. If its to cold we will go look for some grouse. I do love campfire grouse in butter and seasoning. 

[Image: 20231013-090334.jpg]

[Image: 20231013-090357.jpg]

[Image: 20231013-090526.jpg]

The Wookie is happy to see the snow. Sure brings back memories of Saddling up the horses and packing into this country for elk and deer. I miss the smell of a wet horse and chaps. I might have to drive over to the trail heads we used for old time sake.

Oh, We are in the WindRivers. My wives families world. Raindow was caught on a renegade behind a bubble. Not much of a fishing report Smile - maybe today.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
The cold makes it hard for getting up early and fighting the cold temps. The older I get the harder it is to get going.
Yup. Older means colder. I find myself wearing a sweater in the house with the furnace going sometimes.
Ice fishing is a lot harder now than it was 30 years ago.  My body is certain it is colder now even though my mind thinks aw 30 degrees isn't really cold.
Brisk cool mornings, I ache too. Wish I had grease fittings for the knees & shoulders. The old rusty hinges are not working like they used to. About 5yrs ago I fished Boulder and Fremont.  Boulder is a deep lake as I recalled at over 600'. Loved the Wyoming scenery. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Unless you pump iron daily, your extremity circulation WILL decline as your body ages.  Arms, legs, hands, feet, ALL feel the cold a lot easier.  Electric socks, gloves, etc., help a lot.  As the saying goes, "Old age is no place for wimps!"    Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."