Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing trips this week
I was in Idaho and a buddy called and said lets go fishing Friday at deer creek  I said OK but will need to take your boat I wont get home till 
Thursday  night    
so we had 30 rainbows by 11 AM most were not to big but we did get some good ones trolling 2 mph
a lot on the bottom and 40 feet down but could not get them to bite.  saw about 5 boats did not see them catch any

sturgeon took a guy and his wife. his wife got the rooms about $200 a night.
we had been planning for   this for two week the wind looked bad but we went any way it has been hard to come up with a day for him to get off work;

it was the worst wind I have ever fished in their.   15 to 25 mph and the wind was blowing up stream  and would spin are boat .
we had anchors  down ever where. looking at Kent's post that is what are lines looked like but are lines were getting cut by the boat 
but we did end up with catching  3 big ones how I don't know  just about lost a fishing pole.  we still had fun.
(10-14-2023, 04:55 PM)liketrolling Wrote: I was in Idaho and a buddy called and said lets go fishing Friday at deer creek  I said OK but will need to take your boat I wont get home till 
Thursday  night    
so we had 30 rainbows by 11 AM most were not to big but we did get some good ones trolling 2 mph
a lot on the bottom and 40 feet down but could not get them to bite.  saw about 5 boats did not see them catch any

sturgeon took a guy and his wife. his wife got the rooms about $200 a night.
we had been planning for   this for two week the wind looked bad but we went any way it has been hard to come up with a day for him to get off work;

it was the worst wind I have ever fished in their.   15 to 25 mph and the wind was blowing up stream  and would spin are boat .
we had anchors  down ever where. looking at Kent's post that is what are lines looked like but are lines were getting cut by the boat 
but we did end up with catching  3 big ones how I don't know  just about lost a fishing pole.  we still had fun.

Wow, you stay busy with your fishing trips. 30 bows, sounds like a good trip to DC. For the wind being that strong it sounds like you made the best of a bad situation.