Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay today
My son and I took the old crestliner out for one last run she hadnt been on the water since mid June, she performed as expected. We tried bottom bouncing, trolling cranks and only caught one very small wiper. Water was cloudy and water temp was 63 when we left at 2 PM. wait until next spring I guess.
(10-17-2023, 09:23 PM)PACKFAN Wrote: My son and I took the old crestliner out for one last run she hadnt been on the water since mid June, she performed as expected. We tried bottom bouncing, trolling cranks and only caught one very small wiper. Water was cloudy and water temp was 63 when we left at 2 PM. wait until next spring I guess.

Hey Gale, I thought that was you. You and your son came within 75 yds of us, over in the SW corner but I did not realize it was you until we started to move closer to shore. Glad to hear there was no skunk for you and your son today but it sounds like it was tough. I'm curious, why did you think the water was cloudy, seem pretty normal to us. By the way, did you get that email I sent you?
(10-17-2023, 10:13 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 09:23 PM)PACKFAN Wrote: My son and I took the old crestliner out for one last run she hadnt been on the water since mid June, she performed as expected. We tried bottom bouncing, trolling cranks and only caught one very small wiper. Water was cloudy and water temp was 63 when we left at 2 PM. wait until next spring I guess.

Hey Gale, I thought that was you. You and your son came within 75 yds of us, over in the SW corner but I did not realize it was you until we started to move closer to shore. Glad to hear there was no skunk for you and your son today but it sounds like it was tough. I'm curious, why did you think the water was cloudy, seem pretty normal to us. By the way, did you get that email I sent you?

Looked to me like it was cloudy especially over on the east side Never got an email, my dad passed away the end of Sept and I was gone back home to Wis. for about 10 days and dumped alot of email when I got back last week so it may have been in that.
(10-18-2023, 02:55 PM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 10:13 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Looked to me like it was cloudy especially over on the east side Never got an email, my dad passed away the end of Sept and I was gone back home to Wis. for about 10 days and dumped alot of email when I got back last week so it may have been in that.

We hit freeway bay last week and thought it was pretty clear, much better than last year but more stained than earlier this year when the lake was at full pool. Sorry to hear of your Dad passing. I just sent you a PM.