Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Break Fishing
We headed up home to my parents in Farmington for fall break this past week. It was beautiful up there...never seen the mountains with such color from the valley, must've been all the moisture this year. We spent a day out at Strawberry on my Dad's boat with myself and my oldest daughter. Couldn't have asked for a better day up there...perfect weather, perfect company and the fishing was fire! It was my daughter's first time joining us up there, and I was so glad it was perfect! We caught them all day on tube jigs with varying speeds, landed 60 cutts and 15 bows. 

My daughter and I also ventured over to the Weber, which was running to high to effectively fly fish, so we went to a few tributaries I frequented as a teenager and we caught some fun browns in tight water. We also saw the stocking report saying the put tigers in Farmington Pond, so we went down there one evening and found them concentrated in the inlet and just slayed them! They were chunks and all colored up...super fun. Spent my entire childhood fishing Farmington Pond since it was in my back yard...first time I could say I got tigers there, fun change! I then hit another body of water and really got into the big brookies, tigers, cutts and bows! It was a fun trip full of beautiful fish...gotta love utah fall fishing! 

[Image: IMG-20231014-215222-808.jpg]

[Image: 20231014-141632.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20231014-211808-Gallery.jpg]

[Image: 20231014-143551.jpg]

[Image: 20231014-165623-0.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20231017-190323-Gallery.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20231017-190346-Gallery.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20231017-190403-Gallery.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20231017-190419-Gallery.jpg]
Man it sounds like you had a ton of fun. Got to love those kinda days
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(10-18-2023, 09:14 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Man it sounds like you had a ton of fun. Got to love those kinda days

Sure do...gotta soak them in while you can! Fun to be with my Dad and oldest daughter on Strawberry where my Dad took us growing up. Couldn't have asked for better weather...it's not often you are asking for some wind in the afternoon up at Strawberry, usually the other way around...but it was glass and every time the wind would pick up for a few minutes, the fishing would go from great to FIRE!!! Those cutties love that chop on the water to make them comfortable crusing shallow. Fun times!