Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC Shoreline for Slimers
Was heading for Rockport, on the way up the canyon the sign said, "Accident Ahead-Expect delays".  Being that we thought we were already delayed we sidelined to East Canyon.
Yes we were late, a fisher every 200 feet throughout much of the southern area we liked, but we say an open point and decided to give it a try.  I was soaking a crawler on the bottom with about a 18" leader and a foam bead at the hook to keep it out of the moss.  My buddy decided on some bright green dough in a bottle, not sure of the flavor other than it being the wrong one.  We both threw lures.
It was dead quiet and smooth as glass., every now and then a fish would roll on top, just out of casting range. The inlet campground is closed, but the fishing stream access just above is still open.
So after a couple of hours of not a single hit we packed it up and moved up to the North end, "Gumby Point".  Things went pretty slow at first, then my buddy got hit and right after, it was my turn. He got his 13" in, I lost mine.  Shortly after the fish gods blessed me with another chance and soon after a fat 11" came ashore.  Not much size but smokeable. Not long after another, same size range, not SNITS, but probably this springs stockers.
Ended the day not as we had hoped but with enough to use some fresh dill and lemon on.
Did you notice if they gave pulled the algae boom alert sign. I have been meaning to go online and see if they are still active
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I ventured my way to EC today only spending about 4hrs. Marked a lot fish on my finder but they did not want anything to do with my presentation. I could not buy a bite. Water temp was at 57°, water was stained with fine particles of moss. Talked to others finding they admitted to a slow day with low success. I got the skunk.  If weather continues to provide good days I may try another day on the water hoping moss has cleared. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(10-19-2023, 11:34 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Did you notice if they gave pulled the algae boom alert sign. I have been meaning to go online and see if they are still active

I did not.  We did not go into the park proper and did not see any notices in either place we parked.
There was some moss, not much. For the most part the water was very clear.

BDuck.  I think we saw you, around 11?  There were not a lot of boats on the water.  Couple of tooners, a kayak.