Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four Species Day at Willard
Had a nice mixed bag today at Willard, we launched out of the south marina in the dark and dropped out fligs just outside the buoys and worked to the feed lot. Water temp was 58 and we fished water from 13’ out to 20’ best depth around 17’. We caught the cats mostly on the pink tiger whirly flig, the Wiper, Perch and Carp on the chartreuse with red dots flig all tipped with chub. Total for today was 5 cats the largest 26” 2 perch 2 wipers and 1 Carp with a jacked up spine. Could have caught more but my guest wanted to try soaking mussels on anchor so we switch to that at 10:30 and caught one of the Wipers that way. All in all a pretty nice morning with great weather to boot.
[Image: IMG-1606.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1610.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1611.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1612.jpg]
Nice haul, ya gotta love this fall weather.
Nice job! But hey, how come we are the ones who keep catching all the baby wipers while others are catching nice sized wipers?  Huh
I was at Willard today also, needed to burn 
Last years gas out of the boat, only second time I've had the boat out this year. Beautiful day to be on the water. Tried several different bottom bouncers and caught two tiny wiper and a carp. That was it for me.
Sounds like a good trip.  Did you get a chance to dunk any of that new stuff?
(10-21-2023, 02:52 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Sounds like a good trip.  Did you get a chance to dunk any of that new stuff?
It was the first time I ever caught anything other than catfish on fligs, the Wiper was a real bonus. I just stuck with the classics today, but I promise I’ll give the new trinkets a shot, but it may be through the ice or next spring as I’m running out of soft water fishing days and they may be at the Berry. I caught both Perch and the Wiper in quick succession one right after the other and tried to turn and go back over the same spot but that was it and NBC after that. We were fishing the chartreuse with red spot on two of the four rods. An orange tiger and pink tiger whirlys on the other two going .5 mph.
(10-21-2023, 04:25 AM)drpepper Wrote: I was at Willard today also, needed to burn 
Last years gas out of the boat, only second time I've had the boat out this year. Beautiful day to be on the water. Tried several different bottom bouncers and caught two tiny wiper and a carp. That was it for me.

Nice job, I need to burn my tank of fuel as well.... Looks like come Thursday it might be getting too late... Lows predicted around 16 in Benson... Glad you got out... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!