Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Docks removed
seasonal docks are gone from Echo and Rockport, so probably from E.C. also?..Echo and RP just now have the single, shorter courtesy dock, so be prepared for potentially difficult passenger loading/unloading with your boat..Echo and RP Fall trolling for 'bows fairly decent..lots of 'floaty stuff' on Echo this past Friday..my buddy forgot his fish finder, so I can't say what water temp was, or depth of water we were in...Guluk...
(10-23-2023, 12:58 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: seasonal docks are gone from Echo and Rockport, so probably from E.C. also?..Echo and RP just now have the single, shorter courtesy dock, so be prepared for potentially difficult passenger loading/unloading with your boat..Echo and RP Fall trolling for 'bows fairly decent..lots of 'floaty stuff' on Echo this past Friday..my buddy forgot his fish finder, so I can't say what water temp was, or depth of water we were in...Guluk...

Thanks for the info Joe, any size to the bows you caught?
Nice average size, healthy fish...My buddy's boat, pretty sure he'll be there again, so don't believe I'm free to give out more details..Do believe I'll be spending time in the marsh this week, but if/when we get a nicer bluebird day again, I might head my boat out for another try..
(10-23-2023, 12:58 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: my buddy forgot his fish finder, so I can't say what water temp was, or depth of water we were in...Guluk...

Strange, why would he take his fish finder off his boat?
Mooring docks are removed at EC, wedge dock is installed.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
With just the little dock at Rockport on Friday, everyone was playing fair, waiting their turn and very courteous - and it was pretty busy day.

Maybe because it was all fishing boats and not the ski/board/surf crowd???
(10-23-2023, 01:24 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 12:58 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: my buddy forgot his fish finder, so I can't say what water temp was, or depth of water we were in...Guluk...

I take mine off unless it will be kept behind a locked gate until I use it again. That won't be the case at my home so it is rarely left on my boat overnight.
(10-23-2023, 02:35 PM)LundLefty Wrote: With just the little dock at Rockport on Friday, everyone was playing fair, waiting their turn and very courteous - and it was pretty busy day.

Maybe because it was all fishing boats and not the ski/board/surf crowd???

Thanks , how was the fishing Friday
(10-23-2023, 03:32 PM)Kent Wrote:

I take mine off unless it will be kept behind a locked gate until I use it again. That won't be the case at my home so it is rarely left on my boat overnight.

Really?? You must live in a rough neighborhood but then again, I don't park my boat in my front yard.
(10-23-2023, 03:38 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 02:35 PM)LundLefty Wrote: With just the little dock at Rockport on Friday, everyone was playing fair, waiting their turn and very courteous - and it was pretty busy day.

Maybe because it was all fishing boats and not the ski/board/surf crowd? ;-)

Thanks , how was the fishing Friday
Lots of perch, but had to cull out a lot of shorts.  Kept a dozen or so 9"+ for perch tacos.  Enough SMB mixed in the perch schools to keep it interesting...
(10-23-2023, 04:29 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Really?? You must live in a rough neighborhood but then again, I don't park my boat in my front yard.
Not really, but I don't like to take unnecessary chances, when it is so easy to take it off and safely store it.

(10-23-2023, 04:29 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Not really, but I don't like to take unnecessary chances, when it is so easy to take it off and safely store it.
They pulled the courtesy docks today at Jordanelle. The small wedge dock is still there.
(10-23-2023, 10:28 PM)brookie Wrote: They pulled the courtesy docks today at Jordanelle. The small wedge dock is still there.

How was fishing at jordanelle
(10-23-2023, 10:54 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 10:28 PM)brookie Wrote: They pulled the courtesy docks today at Jordanelle. The small wedge dock is still there.

How was fishing at jordanelle

Fishing was kind of slow but reasonable today, Dave brought home 4 rainbow. I released 7 rainbow and 4 kokanee. Water temp was 55*, and flat calm until noon. The boat trailer ladder worked great. I only saw 3 other boats out this morning.

Hey Curtis..I always remove mine also, but keep it in my fish gear bag when done..Security, weather, easy on/off...
There are too many opportunist thieves all across our country that would go to great lengths to make money from stolen items. I'm always seeing reports of boats being picked clean from fishing gear, kicker motors, electronics, etc. It happens in the driveway just as much moored in a slip at an overnight stay. I have no qualms if someone removes an electronic devise while their boat is exposed & unattended for the pickings. I have a 3-night reservation with a boat slip planned out next June and been beefing up security for my boat. My boat mainly stays in the garage when not in use which I leave everything in place. 

[Image: Rod-locker.jpg]
I have a rod locker on both sides

of the boat with plans of adding 
locking doors

[Image: Storage-Bin.jpg]
My boat came with 2 of these

storage bins with lift off seat
cushions. Replaced opposite side 
with ice chest and seat cushion.
Looking to replace current bin with 
truck bed style metal tool chest 
with a seat cushion 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(10-24-2023, 02:32 PM)Bduck Wrote: There are too many opportunist thieves all across our country that would go to great lengths to make money from stolen items. I'm always seeing reports of boats being picked clean from fishing gear, kicker motors, electronics, etc. It happens in the driveway just as much moored in a slip at an overnight stay. I have no qualms if someone removes an electronic devise while their boat is exposed & unattended for the pickings. I have a 3-night reservation with a boat slip planned out next June and been beefing up security for my boat. My boat mainly stays in the garage when not in use which I leave everything in place. 

[Image: Rod-locker.jpg]
I have a rod locker on both sides

of the boat with plans of adding 
locking doors

[Image: Storage-Bin.jpg]
My boat came with 2 of these

storage bins with lift off seat
cushions. Replaced opposite side 
with ice chest and seat cushion.
Looking to replace current bin with 
truck bed style metal tool chest 
with a seat cushion