Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need to stop fishing for sturgeon and go to F.G.
It is hard to find no wind  days up there but sill been going up there a lot
Fished Tue.. me and this other guy had are wife's  with us got up Wed it was raining, did not want to get them wet so came home.

But Tue. was a good day not a lot of wind.
started out using are Walmart Herring bait they did not like that so started changing bait 
before long we had all 5 poles we were using catching sturgeon.  the guy I had with me said it was a good thing we came home to day
because his body could not take any more pulling in sturgeon.
don't see a lot of boats there  fishing for them. have seen a Duckworth jet boat  3 times in the last month come from the dam and go by me. that is about a 20 min boat ride. have not seen him catch anything 

It is fun watching sturgeon on my  3 fish finders, humminbird 360, Garmin live scope and side Imaging
(10-25-2023, 09:35 PM)liketrolling Wrote: It is hard to find no wind  days up there but sill been going up there a lot
Fished Tue.. me and this other guy had are wife's  with us got up Wed it was raining, did not want to get them wet so came home.

But Tue. was a good day not a lot of wind.
started out using are Walmart Herring bait they did not like that so started changing bait 
before long we had all 5 poles we were using catching sturgeon.  the guy I had with me said it was a good thing we came home to day
because his body could not take any more pulling in sturgeon.
don't see a lot of boats there  fishing for them. have seen a Duckworth jet boat  3 times in the last month come from the dam and go by me. that is about a 20 min boat ride. have not seen him catch anything 

It is fun watching sturgeon on my  3 fish finders, humminbird 360, Garmin live scope and side Imaging
Wow, you have been fishing the Snake river a lot this year Robert but there is no place in Utah that has fish that big. What kind of fish would you be targeting this time of the year at the Gorge?
big Lakers have not seen any reports from Flaming gorge.

I got the last  things out  of the garden today so let it freeze
(10-27-2023, 12:11 AM)liketrolling Wrote: big Lakers have not seen any reports from Flaming gorge.

I got the last  things out  of the garden today so let it freeze

OK, I guess there are always those lakers at the Gorge and it's closer. Picked our garden today too, it hasn't been getting much water since they shut off the secondary water.
Hey sorry to continue the hi-jack, but I finished my garden off yesterday as well... We ended up with 11-12 crates of potatoes and 17 crates of apples headed to the press on Monday... Been a busy year, but looking forward to more free time to fish I hope soon... Currently 20 degrees in Benson, so I'm glad i got everything I was going to out of the garden... I do wish I would have had a little more time before sun down, we had a bunch of peppers and tomatoes that I should have picked... I think this is the latest I've ever seen in the year before Benson had a kill frost for tomatoes...October 27th, that's more than a month later than usual... Nice, but has sure hurt my fall fishing... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!