Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White bass???
Anyone finding any white bass in the harbors? Any idea when they might be coming in?
(10-26-2023, 09:26 PM)stlaf Wrote: Anyone finding any white bass in the harbors? Any idea when they might be coming in?

They are in most of the harbors, most of the time, but may be at low numbers or not biting. Check the Provo Harbor webcam and you can see if there are active fishers on the docks (and later, on the ice). Usually a good sign the white bass are active and biting.

https://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/utah-l...onditions/

It's been a while since I was down there and just taking a look at the camera, it doesn't look like anyone fishing right now.

I've had luck with small jigs tipped with nightcrawler or a small piece of white bass. Many run a tandem rig with two curly tail jigs (smaller size), sometimes under a slip float retrieved slowly. Good luck!

jack of all tackle, master of none
As recently last week they were coming into the Provo harbor every day, but the times were different. One day they I was there in the morning and they showed up after 2 hours of nothing. A guy I ran into said they were thick in the afternoon 2 days before that a third guy had found them after dark. 

The cameras are good indicators of how many people are finding them, as Brett said.