Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy Rainbows at Echo
We caught several dozen fat fiesta rainbows between 12” and 18” this morning at Echo. Pretty cold to start at 7:30 in the mid twenties. We launched and went the wrong way initially trolling up to and across the face of the dam, marking lots of fish down 30-50’ with no takers with down rigger two up high and two down low. We made a move to the inlet end on the highway side and fished in 20-30’ of water and it was non stop action using standard Koke gear in the top 10’ of the water column.
Brrrr, A little too cold for me. I'm hoping to get back up there this coming week. I hope it warms up a little. I've just been going straight south from the boat ramp. Maybe I'll have to try the west side next time. But I've been targeting Bass, Perch and Crappie. But I've been picking up more trout though. Thanks for the report.
(10-28-2023, 09:06 PM)lovetofish Wrote: Brrrr, A little too cold for me. I'm hoping to get back up there this coming week. I hope it warms up a little. I've just been going straight south from the boat ramp. Maybe I'll have to try the west side next time. But I've been targeting Bass, Perch and Crappie. But I've been picking up more trout though. Thanks for the report.

There is a area just before you enter the river of big broken rock that had fish stacked up in 27’ of water that I suspect are perch or bass, if that is your target, I would give it a try.
Sounds like a great day, what colors produced the best for you?
(10-30-2023, 12:23 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sounds like a great day, what colors produced the best for you?

I just ran the stuff that was already on my rods from Kokanee fishing which was mainly pink and some orange, I don’t think color really matter much, I’m sure they would bite just about anything you put in front of them right know. I was going between 1.5 to 2 mph.
(10-30-2023, 01:17 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 12:23 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sounds like a great day, what colors produced the best for you?

I just ran the stuff that was already on my rods from Kokanee fishing which was mainly pink and some orange, I don’t think color really matter much, I’m sure they would bite just about anything you put in front of them right know. I was going between 1.5 to 2 mph.

Thanks for the added info Shawn, what were you tipping the lures with?
(10-30-2023, 02:09 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

We used night crawler, corn  and gulp maggots they all worked equally well.
(10-30-2023, 03:45 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 02:09 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

We used night crawler, corn  and gulp maggots they all worked equally well.

I know it's not always the case but I have found in years past that tipping the lure with worms or a piece of crawler works especially well this time of the year but it sounds like you had no problem with the other stuff too, that's great.