Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launch & Retrieve Latch
I've been looking at this for a short while now finding this to be a simple system. Has anyone seen or even have this launch & retrieve system? I'm in the tempted mode since I mostly do a launch as a loner.

Launch and Retrieve Boat Latch - YouTube
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(11-02-2023, 02:20 PM)Bduck Wrote: I've been looking at this for a short while now finding this to be a simple system. Has anyone seen or even have this launch & retrieve system? I'm in the tempted mode since I mostly do a launch as a loner.

Launch and Retrieve Boat Latch - YouTube

It looks like it would work; especially for trailering the boat alone.
I have never seen that style before so I can't speak on it but it does look good.

I have few freinds that are running the Drotto brand auto boat latch and they all speak highly about it.
If fishing alone, you'd still have to get down into the water to get from boat to tow vehicle. In cold weather, I just carry rubber boots in the car and put them on after I've backed the trailer down. Now go to the boat. Run the boat onto the trailer, step out to fasten the winch strap, and then change back to shoes for the drive out. Easy Peasy.
I was wondering just what Rocky stated but wouldn't it be nice if you could just have your tow vehicle pull up enough to just step off your boat to a dry ramp but I guess that would require a self driving vehicle.
Launching is simple. I tie a 50-ft rope to the boat eye and the trailer, coiled atop the trailer spare tire. Back the boat down until it floats and hit the brakes. Boat slides down the bunks to the end of the rope. Pull up until the trailer clears the water and use the rope to either beach the boat or lead it to the courtesy dock. Easy Peasy again.
There is always some kind of diSadvantage to deal with. A wedge or another type of dock to assist with the launch is ideal most of the time. When there is no dock present, I have to beach boat and crawl over bow. Trailering I have the tailgate down, once again crawling over bow to my truck to hook wench and crank. When done I just step over side of truck using tire as a step. sometimes I step down at water's edge but don't get wet. Either way I look at it this new Launch & Retrieve system can work to my advantage as a loner or even a partner to back in the trailer where he doesn't have to get out to wench latch until boat is out of water.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Wenching on a boat is a sure path to divorce.