Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 11/4/23
Went up to Strawberry yesterday with my dad and my cousin in his boat. Started out kinda slow but managed to pickup later in the day. We ended up with close to 100 fish between the 3 of us. We did get about 6 rainbows which was surprising. I caught 2 that were 4 or more pounds which was a nice bonus! White tube jigs tipped with a worm was what worked the best. Did get several on a white pearl twister tail with a worm as well. Beautiful day on the lake! Love fall fishing Strawberry!
(11-06-2023, 12:11 AM)Fishpro22 Wrote: Went up to Strawberry yesterday with my dad and my cousin in his boat. Started out kinda slow but managed to pickup later in the day. We ended up with close to 100 fish between the 3 of us. We did get about 6 rainbows which was surprising. I caught 2 that were 4 or more pounds which was a nice bonus! White tube jigs tipped with a worm was what worked the best. Did get several on a white pearl twister tail with a worm as well. Beautiful day on the lake! Love fall fishing Strawberry!

Sounds like a great day at the Berry, were the bows 4 lbs or were they cutts? How deep of water, did you have your best luck? Thanks for the report.
(11-07-2023, 03:08 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 12:11 AM)Fishpro22 Wrote: Went up to Strawberry yesterday with my dad and my cousin in his boat. Started out kinda slow but managed to pickup later in the day. We ended up with close to 100 fish between the 3 of us. We did get about 6 rainbows which was surprising. I caught 2 that were 4 or more pounds which was a nice bonus! White tube jigs tipped with a worm was what worked the best. Did get several on a white pearl twister tail with a worm as well. Beautiful day on the lake! Love fall fishing Strawberry!

Sounds like a great day at the Berry, were the bows 4 lbs or were they cutts? How deep of water, did you have your best luck? Thanks for the report.

The 4 pounders were rainbows. We were drifting in the breeze everywhere from 20 feet to 80 feet. Seemed like 30 and deeper were better. Caught fish everywhere though.
(11-07-2023, 04:00 AM)Fishpro22 Wrote:

The 4 pounders were rainbows. We were drifting in the breeze everywhere from 20 feet to 80 feet. Seemed like 30 and deeper were better. Caught fish everywhere though.
Were you catching them closer to the bottom or anywhere in the water column?
(11-07-2023, 01:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 04:00 AM)Fishpro22 Wrote:

Were you catching them closer to the bottom or anywhere in the water column?
They were mostly closer to the surface. We did get a few a little deeper but mostly up higher in the water column around 5-20 feet were the best