Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ice Fishing
I was going through some old videos and photos - just reminiscing about trips we have been on. 

And since the weather, at least at my elevation, is in that between state of ice and open, I decided to put together a quick video of ice fishing fun just to get ya thinking about the hard deck. 

I do enjoy taking Cookie and family out on the ice. Hope ya enjoy a few fun memories

I did fish the Weber in the rain. Fell hard on a rock that cut my outing short. Still pretty bruised up.  Did get one. I was using Pat's little micro jigs. Would have got more. The jigs were a great change up for fish seeing a lot of fly fishing but got to recover before I give them a better test

Here is the video

https://youtu.be/SIE3Z6XXp34
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(11-20-2023, 02:14 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I was going through some old videos and photos - just reminiscing about trips we have been on. 
And since the weather, at least at my elevation, is in that between state of ice and open, I decided to put together a quick video of ice fishing fun just to get ya thinking about the hard deck. 
I do enjoy taking Cookie and family out on the ice. Hope ya enjoy a few fun memories
I did fish the Weber in the rain. Fell hard on a rock that cut my outing short. Still pretty bruised up.  Did get one. I was using Pat's little micro jigs. Would have got more. The jigs were a great change up for fish seeing a lot of fly fishing but got to recover before I give them a better test
Here is the video

https://youtu.be/SIE3Z6XXp34

It won't be long before we get a chance to get out there for this years ice fishing season, thanks for the nice video Lance. As we get older it doesn't take much of a slip to really get hurt, we just are not as nimble as we age.
Hey Lance, hope you're recovering okay... Sorry it sucks to get hurt.... Like the video, always fun to remember those family fun times...thanks for sharing and helping to get us more motivated... This time of year always seems to be the slowest while we're waiting for ice to form on the lower elevation ponds... I'm thinking after this weekend I'll have to get out and try it somewhere... Not sure how much snow is in the hills after the last round of storms, but may have to hunt down some ice if the snow isn't too deep up high... Anybody been watching Henry's this year? That is usually a go by Thanksgiving and I haven't even been checking this year... I always like that pond for early ice fishing... Guess I got some research to start doing... Happy Thanksgiving and get better soon... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!