Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Ice Fishing Gloves
Since my loss of weight (206LB) I have no body fat to keep my hands warm.  What brand and type of gloves have you all used for Ice Fishing that keep you warm?  Last year I tried 2 different brands of gloves and they both Sucked!!!
I wear one of those chest or waist worn hand warmer muff pouches and I put electric hand warmers inside that. It’s basically a hand oven, even in the coldest temps. I typically have a pair of neoprene waterproof gloves for handling fish but the pouch is for the warmth.
I just got some Carhartt gloves on Amazon. I have no idea if they will be any good, but giving them a shot.
Mittens are always a better choice than gloves in cold weather.  And the muffs are great as well.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I usually bring two pairs when I'm out icefishing.  One pair of medium-weight Gore-tex gloves for pulling sleds/drilling holes.  My other pair is an Atlas insulated snowblowing gloves for handling fish.  Easy to take on and off and keeps my hands dry and ready for the next fish.
Hey Greg,
I like Bob's recommendation for general keep your hands warm the mittons are great, I use them when snowmobiling to the location and when dexterity is not high on the list, but max warmth is... When fishing I usually keep my hands in my pockets and don't wear gloves, but if my hands get wet and cold, I got a pair of Eskimo gloves that are water resistant, not rubber, but a gortex type material... they aren't overly warm, but they keep the wet and wind off and they are thin so you can still use your hands.. I'll have to show you next time you're up... Not great, but they work... I used to have a pair of finger less wool gloves that I really liked, but have misplaced them, if you get them, don't get the ones with the flap that covers the finger tips, they are a pain in the rear and the flap doesn't really help... Get the ones with the tips missing... They suck for hooks snagging into them, but they are warm and useful... Just my take from a guy that mostly goes bare handed... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
After a painful cold day at Bear Lake chasing White Fish a couple of years ago, I set out to find a better pair of waterproof insulated gloves. This is what I came up with:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0829Q...=UTF8&th=1

They work great and don't break the bank. If needed, I add a Hot Hands warmer inside each glove.
[Image: 81-V1-Ib-Kiz-HL-AC-SX679.jpg]
(11-29-2023, 03:54 PM)big_griggs Wrote: Since my loss of weight (206LB) I have no body fat to keep my hands warm.  What brand and type of gloves have you all used for Ice Fishing that keep you warm?  Last year I tried 2 different brands of gloves and they both Sucked!!!

I dont have a specific recommendation on brands but I prefer my gloves to have the wide openings so it's easier to slide my hands in and out when cold and wet.  When I buy gloves I look for the kind with the wide mouthed cuffs for this reason.
(11-29-2023, 03:54 PM)big_griggs Wrote: Since my loss of weight (206LB) I have no body fat to keep my hands warm.  What brand and type of gloves have you all used for Ice Fishing that keep you warm?  Last year I tried 2 different brands of gloves and they both Sucked!!!

For the past 20 years I have used the same pair of fingerless gloves.  They are "Glacier Gloves" that have a soft rubber palm and a warm back.  The pair I have is no longer made and I love the material it's made out of.  Have tried to find new ones to buy but no luck.  They do make fingerless glacier gloves still just not my fav ones.  I have newer ones that work just as well.  I open a pack of hand warmers and put it in my glove in the palm of my hand.  once it's there for a few min you can't really tell its there at all and can function normally without it being a hassle.  I was always told that if the palm of your hand is warm, your fingertips will be warm.  Not sure if that's correct science.....but it has always worked for me.  Even in the coldest temps I just wear the fingerless gloves. 
I do carry a pair of ski gloves with me to use when I ride my sled out or am pulling out in the morning....but overall I just stick with the Glacier Glove and its been awesome.  I've never suffered from cold hands/fingers.
I use Fish Monkey Whooly fingerless gloves. Made of Wool  so they stay warm even when wet. Nice leather palm with silicone dots to help grip the fish.  Google Fish Monkey and or Hunt Monkey gloves. They have a wide variety for all outdoor activities.
Striker ice.
I have used the wool fingerless glove, combo mitten/glove ( mitten pulls over the fingerless glove ), and various neoprene gloves. Lately I have settled on Harbor Freight's insulated Mechanics gloves. Cheap, keeps my hands warm, comes off easily to handle fish. I use em for snow throwing also. They are like 7-8 bucks a pair.