Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Might Get Out Fishing
Hey all, I think I got my truck problem worked out and my boat trailer axel issue repaired and the farm equipment is parked for the winter.  Got a new set of batteries for the trolling motor and the tank full of gas... Probably can't find my fishing pole or net, but if I can take off a day this week Tuesday or Wednesday, I want to try and catch a fish... Been thinking about Bear lake for the whitefish, or Willard for the perch... Which location do you think I'll have good conditions and be able to pull in some fish?  I'm assuming with the storms mellowing out tomorrow, that the roads should be okay to get to both locations... What say ye, that have been out and know the current bite?  Thanks all, Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
This won't answer your question but don't you usually hit Henry's early ?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(12-05-2023, 12:54 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: This won't answer your question but don't you usually hit Henry's early ?

Hey Lance, yes I usually do hit Henry's early ice, but this year I didn't have anyone else going and only stayed one day for Thanksgiving in IF, so didn't really have time to try it so far this year... I'm trying to get going back on the fishing mode, but I've sort of lost my have to be there drive.. Hope this trip will help get me going again... It was a tough year it really took my addiction down to just a, I want to go level, but I figure it will come back fairly soon after I get a couple trips under my belt again...  My poor boat was a mess today when I tried to get the ski junk out of the boat so I can go... Terrible when I don't put stuff away after a trip, I was just too busy and didn't get back to it until today...  Anyway I'm pretty sure I'm going to try Bear Lake... I hear the fish are in, so that should be the most successful spot for me to try... It's really fun when you can hit it when the fish are there and the waves aren't, not many years that I hit both conditions at the same time, but hopefully this year will be one of them... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!