Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southeast report
I haven't posted a report in some time so I thought I'd share todays fishing trip results. A buddy and I fished Millsite today from our tubes using our usual fly tackle.  We launched near the middle of the reservoir around 10:30 and fished until 3:00.  We used fast sinking lines and size 8 bead head yellow/red crystal bugger, size 6 Bead head (green) Olive Leech, size 8 Bead head (white) brown leech, and a size 10 bead head (orange) plum leech.  We picked up one 15” rainbow, one tiger trout, two splake, and the rest were cutthroats.  The fish were all between 9” (one splake) and 16” long.  Most of the fish were hooked while stripping the line in.

The water temperature was 35 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 7’.  The reservoir is 51% full and rising.

The weather was good for a December day with 20’s and 30’s and very little wind.  There was one shore fisherman while we were there.  There was some ice around the shore line from waves washing up on the bank but none yet on the reservoir.

[Image: P1090111-2.jpg]

[Image: P1090113-2.jpg]

[Image: P1090114-2.jpg]

[Image: P1090118-2.jpg]

[Image: P1090121-2.jpg]

Great detailed report and pics, thanks for sharing this with us, we rarely if ever get reports about that lake but it looks like you had a decent day.
Ya i was just thinking I cant remember the last time millsite was mentioned. Good to know the souther bite is on
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew