Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge
I recently fished flaming gorge. Lucerne ramp is launchable, but use caution as I talked to a couple guys that got sliding sideways and almost ran into each other. But it is doable. I ran steel in  swim Beach, Rawling, anvil and Linwood. I also jigged Linwood for a short time and watched about 8000 fish give the middle fin as my favorite guide says. I talked to guys that jigged all day and got skunked. It seems that most of the guys getting success are jigging at night. There were fish at the bottom between 80 and 120 feet but they were also climbing up into the 60 foot area chasing rainbows. all of the fish I saw in  anvil were suspended roughly 60 feet in 80 to 120 feet of water. I caught rainbows and Lake Trout but nothing to scream home about. A few five pounders that will go on the smoker and an approximately eight pounder that was over the size threshold. I did not fish for Kokanee as I figured I could get a few of those close to home.
(12-14-2023, 04:20 PM)Redrebel Wrote: I recently fished flaming gorge. Lucerne ramp is launchable, but use caution as I talked to a couple guys that got sliding sideways and almost ran into each other. But it is doable. I ran steel in  swim Beach, Rawling, anvil and Linwood. I also jigged Linwood for a short time and watched about 8000 fish give the middle fin as my favorite guide says. I talked to guys that jigged all day and got skunked. It seems that most of the guys getting success are jigging at night. There were fish at the bottom between 80 and 120 feet but they were also climbing up into the 60 foot area chasing rainbows. all of the fish I saw in  anvil were suspended roughly 60 feet in 80 to 120 feet of water. I caught rainbows and Lake Trout but nothing to scream home about. A few five pounders that will go on the smoker and an approximately eight pounder that was over the size threshold. I did not fish for Kokanee as I figured I could get a few of those close to home.

Great report, thank you.
Well Joe at least you got a few and didn’t freeze. Do you brine the lakers for smoking
(12-14-2023, 11:19 PM)2knots Wrote: Well Joe at least you got a few and didn’t freeze. Do you brine the lakers for smoking

Yes sir, my wife actually printed out an article all about the importance of salting before smoking. it was a good read since there’s not much of a manila nightlife!