Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not my normal posts but I did use ice gear
Thumbs Up 
Got an invite to do some boat fishing today, thx again Jeff what a great time to be out. It's usually hard deck only for me this time of year. Got on the water at 9ish, fished till 1. Pulled in 15 perch between the 2 of us with 8 over 12in coming home for dinner for 2 households. Jeff was on it today hooking the most and I sure didn't want to wear out my welcome in the boat. Had to move a bit to find the actively feeding fish when the rest just stared at it. Lots of dead shad floating up and one fish spit one out in the net. It was good talking with Allen and curt at the ramp and good to finally meet you Ira. If it gets some walkable ice this year I'll be back out for sure unless another boat ride comes up.

[Image: Snapchat-487277684.jpg]

[Image: 20231219-092806.jpg]

[Image: 20231219-094657.jpg]

[Image: Snapchat-1528399256.jpg]

[Image: 20231219-095956.jpg]

[Image: 20231219-170413.jpg]
Looks like a lot of fun and a great day. Thanks for the report!
Thanks Matt, that was better than working for sure... Just wish that sun would have came out earlier and stayed out.. I forget how much nicer it is to fish on a weekday when there are only a few of us on the water... When you started off the day with the first two fish, I was thinking it was going to be a Matt show like usual, so I appreciate you letting me catch a couple to catch up... (always good to take care of the hosts ego..) I may return Thursday or Friday, still trying to decide when my wife would like the help.... It's nice to have the boat and truck both working at the same time for a change... Even though I need to get both cleaned up, sorry it was so messy, but I think I'd rather fish than shine them up... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Nice report Matt, good seeing you and Jeff out there yesterday.
Great seeing you and Jeff out yesterday Matt. We didn’t have the manic but had a good day on the water. Picked up some crawlers this am so I am ready for a revisit