Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake State Park 12-20-23
Don and I fished the Utah Lake State Park this morning.  There was skim ice over part of the marina, but most of it was wide open.  We first tried off of the handicapped dock on the north dike.  Don had two bites there and caught a perch.  We then moved inside the marina and fished off of one of the docks.  Don caught two white bass and I caught three white bass.  We lost one other one and we only missed a couple other bites.  Hopefully, the marina will ice over soon, and the white bass move in like they typically do at this time of year.  We were impressed with the size of the white bass that we caught.
(12-20-2023, 11:36 PM)Kent Wrote: Don and I fished the Utah Lake State Park this morning.  There was skim ice over part of the marina, but most of it was wide open.  We first tried off of the handicapped dock on the north dike.  Don had two bites there and caught a perch.  We then moved inside the marina and fished off of one of the docks.  Don caught two white bass and I caught three white bass.  We lost one other one and we only missed a couple other bites.  Hopefully, the marina will ice over soon, and the white bass move in like they typically do at this time of year.  We were impressed with the size of the white bass that we caught.

Surprising the water is still freezing, as warm as it's been. How deep is the water in the marina is by the docks? I guess all the ones that died last year just gave move food for those that survived, good to here you caught some good ones.