Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry
This is a post in behalf of two of my students in the fishing club. They fished strawberry yesterday. 3.5 -4.5" of ice. I could see open water in the photos they showed me but they both had spud bars and checked carefully as they went. They did not go far from shore  as they said it thinned quickly and were able to pick up some cutties with jigs. 

They did not say which area of Strawberry.

I will have them out  Friday and Saturday next week. Likey Rockport for some open water fishing. But will make that final call later next week.

Cooki and I are going to hit somewhere tomorrow evening and have a fire. Maybe Echo or LC
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(12-21-2023, 11:34 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: This is a post in behalf of two of my students in the fishing club. They fished strawberry yesterday. 3.5 -4.5" of ice. I could see open water in the photos they showed me but they both had spud bars and checked carefully as they went. They did not go far from shore  as they said it thinned quickly and were able to pick up some cutties with jigs. 

They did not say which area of Strawberry.

I will have them out  Friday and Saturday next week. Likey Rockport for some open water fishing. But will make that final call later next week.

Cooki and I are going to hit somewhere tomorrow evening and have a fire. Maybe Echo or LC

Nice, were they fishing by themselves? Any size to the cutts?
Yup. Just the two of them. Standard berry cuts. Nothing over slot
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew