Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry’s Idaho Report
I fished Henry’s with Fast Randy and his nephew Dan. It was very slow but I can’t complain about the quality. I only caught 5 today all in the first two hours. Three of my fish were 4-5.5lbs with a 16 and 18” as well. Randy got three including a 4# fish and Dan got a 3# fish. Caught them in 8-9’ of water at Staleys Spring. Got mine on a Maniac white with red flake Gitzilla, with meal worm. Most fish were on the bottom, very light bite. Ice was beautiful, 9” of clear ice and 2” of snow on top, just enough for good traction. Any machine would be safe on the ice with easy travel. 
[Image: IMG-1159.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1711.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1713.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1716.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1717.jpg]
The quality of fish in that lake is amazing. My best fish on a fly rod came from there a few years back.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Those are some nice fish Shawn, thanks for sharing your report with us. Were there lots of folks out there fishing?
(12-22-2023, 01:37 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Those are some nice fish Shawn, thanks for sharing your report with us. Were there lots of folks out there fishing?

Only saw a half dozen others groups.
Nice looking fish!  Very tempting. Glad you found a few.

rj
Very nice quality, sorry you didn’t hit your usual numbers
(12-22-2023, 03:16 AM)2knots Wrote: Very nice quality, sorry you didn’t hit your usual numbers

The quality made up for the lack of numbers, we are going to give Chesterfield a go tomorrow hoping to get into some more large fish.
(12-22-2023, 03:24 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(12-22-2023, 03:16 AM)2knots Wrote: Very nice quality, sorry you didn’t hit your usual numbers

The quality made up for the lack of numbers, we are going to give Chesterfield a go tomorrow hoping to get into some more large fish.

Awesome, I’m sure you’ll do well
Those are some real hogs. Sounds like a fun trip.