Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North extension of Legacy Hwy
Ira and I have been wondering there the North end of Legary will come out and this morning they posted their proposed end of it and it comes out just South of Willard bay, here is a link to the article:
https://www.ksl.com/article/50820741/web...ial-growth

Guess they are opening the first part of it next month Jan 6th. As I'm sure many of you know it start in Farmington and ends in West point/ Clearfield area around 700 south. The pic in the article shows the whole route but you can click on the links in the article for more details.
We've been driving throughout all this extension construction for passed 2 years getting our grandkids to and from schools between Clearfield and Syracuse. I'm sure once all is done it should account for traffic congestion there can be. But we're hoping there will be a lot less amount of backed up traffic in the area. It has several on and off ramps here and there. If you drive out west on hwy 193 to 3000W where it used just T, you can see the one end of it, where it should tie into it eventually. It's really built up out there lately, and they are even getting their own Costco store out that way.
(01-04-2024, 07:28 PM)jjannie Wrote: We've been driving throughout all this extension construction for passed 2 years getting our grandkids to and from schools between Clearfield and Syracuse. I'm sure once all is done it should account for traffic congestion there can be. But we're hoping there will be a lot less amount of backed up traffic in the area. It has several on and off ramps here and there. If you drive out west on hwy 193 to 3000W where it used just T, you can see the one end of it, where it should tie into it eventually. It's really built up out there lately, and they are even getting their own Costco store out that way.

Considering they are going to open it in 3 days, it seemed they still had a lot to do when we drove by it yesterday when we went to Antelope island.
(01-04-2024, 08:47 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 07:28 PM)jjannie Wrote: We've been driving throughout all this extension construction for passed 2 years getting our grandkids to and from schools between Clearfield and Syracuse. I'm sure once all is done it should account for traffic congestion there can be. But we're hoping there will be a lot less amount of backed up traffic in the area. It has several on and off ramps here and there. If you drive out west on hwy 193 to 3000W where it used just T, you can see the one end of it, where it should tie into it eventually. It's really built up out there lately, and they are even getting their own Costco store out that way.

Considering they are going to open it in 3 days, it seemed they still had a lot to do when we drove by it yesterday when we went to Antelope island.

We thought the same but to get it open they do have the road (hardware) in place. Maybe other work still needs to get down. We saw Thurs that they already had all the signage in place for exits and ramps but just covered up till its opened up officially later today.  I believe it was necessary if the growth continues like it has been. Its sure gets crowded driving through it at times.
I have no problem with the new Freeway, the reason why I posted this was because of where the next section will come out, just below the South marina of Willard.