Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow Squall
Hit here in Cache Valley at about 5:35, it’s really going now can’t see the shop and suspect we are going to have some serious drifts on the south side of the buildings
1st pic you can see the “wall” rolling along the mountains to the east, 2nd pic moments later the wind and snow hit the house

[Image: IMG-2150.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2151.jpg]
(01-10-2024, 12:52 AM)2knots Wrote: Hit here in Cache Valley at about 5:35, it’s really going now can’t see the shop and suspect we are going to have some serious drifts on the south side of the buildings
1st pic you can see the “wall” rolling along the mountains to the east, 2nd pic moments later the wind and snow hit the house
We still haven't receive more that a few flurries, the way they were talking we would get hammered by now. How much snow did you end up getting?
(01-10-2024, 02:39 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 12:52 AM)2knots Wrote: Hit here in Cache Valley at about 5:35, it’s really going now can’t see the shop and suspect we are going to have some serious drifts on the south side of the buildings
We still haven't receive more that a few flurries, the way they were talking we would get hammered by now. How much snow did you end up getting?

About 5”s in 2.5 hrs
They say downtown Ogden got hit with such a squall, too. But I'm in sight of there and got nada.
Weather indicated we would get pounded. We only received a 1/2". Another round predicted today
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
We only got a dusting, so much for getting pounded, but after getting over 6" from that last storm, I was fine with that.
You guys got way more then we did up here from the previous storm where we only got about 2”S
The last big storm earlier in the week put 12"+ here. Spent 5hrs on 2 properties cleaning, next door is a DAV. The worse was from snowplows burying the driveways with ice balls. The neighborhood lower section mailbox access was buried from the plow. That was the first time I have seen that out of 17yrs living here. 
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(01-11-2024, 01:55 PM)Bduck Wrote: The last big storm earlier in the week put 12"+ here. Spent 5hrs on 2 properties cleaning, next door is a DAV. The worse was from snowplows burying the driveways with ice balls. The neighborhood lower section mailbox access was buried from the plow. That was the first time I have seen that out of 17yrs living here. 

Wow, you really got hammered there Roger, likely because you are right at the foot of the mountains. Those snowplows always bury the side walks, when they are right up against the street. So that one storm was worse than all the snow we got last year? Good for you helping out your neighbor. The worse winter I remember here in Utah was the winter of 83/84, that was the winter we got 18" at one time and the year I bought my house, there was 4 ft of snow on my roof when we moved in on Feb of 84.
Here we go again, more valley snow starting today with a bigger storm behind this one. Is it to be or not!
Harrisville UT
(01-12-2024, 02:01 PM)Bduck Wrote: Here we go again, more valley snow starting today with a bigger storm behind this one. Is it to be or not!

Not much for falling snow currently but the wind is really blowing
Looking out the window this morning indicates a big cleanup. A measurement of 6" is a task at hand with 2 driveways+ to do. Snow plows again have been working during the night.
Harrisville UT
I’m looking at 8-9”s from last night
All we got, last night, was a lot of rain, which is fine with me.
I didn't measure this morning but just a few minutes ago I checked and have 4" but it's really heavy wet snow, so it could have been more and just compressed.
I took a quick measurement of the depth to close to the house. As I got further out the snow depth was a little deeper at 8". It had a crunchy surface and could tell it had a moisture content. More snow on the horizon and a possibility of rain late in the week. 
Harrisville UT
(01-15-2024, 02:38 PM)Bduck Wrote: I took a quick measurement of the depth to close to the house. As I got further out the snow depth was a little deeper at 8". It had a crunchy surface and could tell it had a moisture content. More snow on the horizon and a possibility of rain late in the week. 

Hey Roger, do you have any problems with your snow blower clogging up when it's heavy wet snow? 
Sounds like the Jan thaw is coming later in the week, might be able to get out on Willard later in the week, for one more boat fishing trips. I might have to drive up there and check it out.
My main snow thrower is an attachment for my lawn tractor. I can have a green yard while piling up the snow in the neighbors yards.  Big Grin If someone pisses me off all I need is a pile of dog dooey. Rolleyes I have already taken out an auto door mirror with a rock from across the street, can be verified by 2 neighbors.  Tongue I don't have a problem with slush clogging, slush make a good flush cleaner of the tines & shoot. I have a walk behind I use in the backyard for my dog since he has a low chassis.

[Image: tractor.jpg]
Harrisville UT
Nice setup, so it has a PTO in the front. Bet you had to pay extra for a setup like that.
No PTO, sometimes I wish it had one, its all belt driven. This attachment cost at today's prices at $2300, bought mine at $1800. Its a good investment considering I use to get hammered with my walk behind. After doing 2+ driveways with my walk behind back & knees would ache with severe pain. 
Harrisville UT