Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportsman's is empty
Went into the Sportsman's Warehouse in Riverdale the other day and was shocked to see that they are down to about half their former stock. Many whole display racks have been removed, wall racks shortened in height, aisles much wider where racks used to be, and so on. 

Hoping that it is just the seasonal changeover and that both quantity and selection will return with a Spring stock influx.
Dam, I wouldn't count on it, seems like they are carrying less every year, especially fishing gear.
Its has been really disappointing going into SW. Is there a shutdown looming? Aisles have opened up to where one doesn't have to step aside to let someone else to pass by, appears to be a lot of empty floor space.  Sad
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I know Cabela's / Bass Pro has bought Sportsman's wonder if they plan to close some of the Sportsman's or at least trim down their offerings if there's a Cabela's / Bass Pro nearby?
(01-30-2024, 07:55 PM)jjannie Wrote: I know Cabela's / Bass Pro has bought Sportsman's wonder if they plan to close some of the Sportsman's or at least trim down their offerings if there's a Cabela's / Bass Pro nearby?

When did this happen? I've always thought Sportsman's was cheaper than Cabelas.
I'm pretty sure that deal fell through.

Two years ago, it was "supply chain issues" due to The Great Covidiocy. But they haven't recovered and have stocked less and less ever since. They're now down to about half the fishing stuff of the old days - and $89 camo shirts.

You can find a few bargains, though. I snapped up a nice Quantum baitcasting combo that may have been mislabeled for $50 a while back. The staff aren't exactly Rhodes Scholars.
My opinion is that they are going the way of a lot of brick and mortar businesses.  With most items available online, a person can order what they want and have it shipped to home for a shipping fee, or have it sent to the store for free. Just drop by and pick it up. Saves the company money by having less inventory in the store, you don't need as large of a staff on site, and still make money. As was said before, customer service is a little lacking.

I do like to browse, so it is disappointing when you do go in.
I've noticed a lot of things don't get restocked very often and the items I like seem to be out of stock for longer than they used to, but Logan still seems to have quite a bit of stuff, but it has always been a smaller store and has never had the selection of the bigger stores like Sandy and Riverdale... Hope they stay healthy I tend to enjoy in store purchasing over on line since I can see stuff I wouldn't have thought of if I was just looking on line... Kind of like the catalogs, its good to have something to browse through, the computer isn't very good for doing that, I usually need to know what I'm looking for... Anyway good luck to them keeping their heads above water... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!