Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Utah Sports Shows
Utah Boat Show – Annual Boat Show & Watersports Expo
I was thinking about going to this since missing it last year and previous years for pandemic. I always liked going just to browse the line of fishing boats with new features. Now I decided NOT to with daily shows opening late around noon or later. Opening day was always the day I went. Have no urgency to fight traffic going to & from, especially late in the afternoon/evening rush hour. Weekend days-no way.

Western Hunting & Conservation Expo – This is Conservation! (huntexpo.com)
No interest here for me since my hunting days diminished long ago

https://www.sportsexpos.com/attend/saltlakecity/][/url]
This show I have been going to dating back 30yrs in Sacramento 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
If you change your mind, maybe we can go down together. Maybe stop at Scheel's first. Passenger buys lunch for the driver. Thursday would be my choice.
(01-28-2024, 06:05 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: If you change your mind, maybe we can go down together. Maybe stop at Scheel's first. Passenger buys lunch for the driver. Thursday would be my choice.
Three of us plan to go to the boat show on Thursday.  Hope to see you there Rocky.  We will be starting off with lunch at Crown Burger across the street from the Expo.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(01-29-2024, 01:57 PM)dubob Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 06:05 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: If you change your mind, maybe we can go down together. Maybe stop at Scheel's first. Passenger buys lunch for the driver. Thursday would be my choice.
Three of us plan to go to the boat show on Thursday.  Hope to see you there Rocky.  We will be starting off with lunch at Crown Burger across the street from the Expo.   Big Grin
Thats usually the routine I do also but I always went to the Crown after the show.  Cool
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Make it a foursome?
(01-29-2024, 04:26 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Make it a foursome?
We will be at Crown Burger about 1 to 1:15 if you want to meet us there or if you want to ride down with me/us, I'll be leaving my house about 12:15 to pick up the other 2.  Show opens at 2 that day.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
PM sent.
So you guys need to give us a report... Did you see anything new that we all need to pick up? I'd kind of like to go, but don't have time to do it this year... What do they charge for the boat show? Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
It's $11 online or for senior/military at the door. There are hardly any booths for non-boat stuff and no fishing stuff anywhere. It is truly a show of boats. Found a nice little trolling setup for a mere $360,000 and a pontoon for a "show special" of $100,000 off the $600,000 tag. About a thousand wake boats, jet skis, and other power squad specials.

Did learn that Fred's and Utah Marine both will work on older 2-stroke Mercury motors, but that the issue will be finding parts. Not optimistic.

Frankly, with the weather and all, I wouldn't bother unless you really want to buy a boat. There were some nice Lunds and Trackers there.