Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Fork Boat Harbor Closure
I called American Fork Parks department and asked about how to pay if you don t have a cell phone.  I was informed that they plan on closing the boat harbor From April to sometime in the middle of summer for construction.  They are going to do a overhaul of the Jetty, parking lot and the restrooms.  Just a heads up if you launch from there you will have to go somewhere else.   [Image: biggrin.png]
Yep, They have had a crew in there clearing all the trees on the bank of the jetty. Looks pretty nice now. They are also working the trees to the right as you come into the harbor ( area out to the mouth of the river). That is going to be developed some how. The picnic area will get an overhaul, more sand added to the beach, should be nice. I have tried to get them to put a couple of kayak/float tube launch ramps on the north side of the jetty, no response to my inquiry ( it was last fall so who knows if they even remember) . Only downside is that I have to launch a Saratoga Springs till they get everything done, or drive to Provo. Also a rumor that Saratoga Springs is going to develop a new launch facility at the end of 2300 West. There was a private harbor/launch ramp there that they now control. Some Federal land there so who knows what is going on. So far all they have done is clean the phragmites out, level the land and fenced it off !! Have to wait and see. Be nice to have a ramp open to the public on the North end of the lake !!