Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filleting perch small and fair size with electric
Had 40 plus perch to fillet today . 3/4 decent sized 9 to 10.5 inches . So I thought I would post a video of filleting with electric knife a small one and a better sized one took just over a minute to fillet the two perch. I filleted the bucket in 33 minutes.
Hope this video will post.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d4g77KK...AlQt44aSbQ

[Image: IMG-2454.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2455.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2457.jpg]
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
(02-13-2024, 02:48 AM)Mildog Wrote: Had 40 plus perch to fillet today . 3/4 decent sized 9 to 10.5 inches . So I thought I would post a video of filleting with electric knife a small one and a better sized one took just over a minute to fillet the two perch. I filleted the bucket in 33 minutes.

Did you forget yo add the link to your video?
(02-13-2024, 02:52 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-13-2024, 02:48 AM)Mildog Wrote: Had 40 plus perch to fillet today . 3/4 decent sized 9 to 10.5 inches . So I thought I would post a video of filleting with electric knife a small one and a better sized one took just over a minute to fillet the two perch. I filleted the bucket in 33 minutes.

Yes - he did.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

I wasn’t able to get it attached. I’ll play around and do it a different way when I get a minute.

(02-13-2024, 02:20 PM)dubob Wrote:

Yes - he did.   Big Grin

Bob,I didn’t forget ? was technically challenged and couldn’t get it to attach.
I added it this morning for your viewing pleasure ?. Hope all is well with you !
One of the guys at the club asked about you the other day I told him you were still harassing fish whenever possible.
Thanks for posting the video. That is the exact same technique I use but I do have a second set of blades for my knife that are shorter and work very well for perch. I take almost a minute per fish but I'm still close to your rate of 40 in 33 minutes. I discovered last year that I am never again going to bring home 90 perch because an hour and a half at the filet board is way too long plus my shoulders start to ache etc. 40 is about my limit unless I have some help. I remember Pat Mcmanus has a great story about fileting hundreds of perch all night long so I should have known better but it's hard to stop the kids (including myself) when the jumbos are biting!
I wasn’t racing , I just took a break had my wife grab phone and take a quick video. A few years back filleted 20 jumbos from deer creek, took only just shy of 10 minutes, bigger ones are actually a bit easier.
At Powell a buddy and I did an electric knife fillet video and timed it, filleted 3 walleye, 2 smallies and a striper in 2 minutes. Countless fish have given their all, over the years to gain that experience! ?
I have used an electric fillet knife since I “procured” my mom’s sears electric carving knife. I won’t say how many years ago that was, but it’s several decades!
Stripers, bass, walleye, panfish ocean bottom fish do very well with the Electric fillet knives. For the most part I still prefer a very good quality sharp standard fillet for Trout, Kokanee, other Salmon, Halibut and tuna.
Once you get the hang of it practice makes perfect! ?
(02-13-2024, 08:31 PM)Mildog Wrote: I wasn’t racing , I just took a break had my wife grab phone and take a quick video. A few years back filleted 20 jumbos from deer creek, took only just shy of 10 minutes, bigger ones are actually a bit easier.
At Powell a buddy and I did an electric knife fillet video and timed it, filleted 3 walleye, 2 smallies and a striper in 2 minutes. Countless fish have given their all, over the years to gain that experience! ?
I have used an electric fillet knife since I “procured” my mom’s sears electric carving knife. I won’t say how many years ago that was, but it’s several decades!
Stripers, bass, walleye, panfish ocean bottom fish do very well with the Electric fillet knives. For the most part I still prefer a very good quality sharp standard fillet for Trout, Kokanee, other Salmon, Halibut and tuna.
Once you get the hang of it practice makes perfect! ?

Amen...and Ahhh women.

It minds the boggle to try to remember just how many of what species we have dismembered over the years.  It would make a pretty big stack of fillets.
Pat if the spirits of all the fish we have “dismembered”ever come back to haunt us I’m afraid we would never get any peace! Hope that doesn’t happen makes me shudder to think about it! ?