Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EZ Bow Fishing at Deer Creek
I took my daughter and three neighborhood boys to Deer Creek Friday after seeing Robert’s report earlier in the week. We launched from the main ramp at 7:30 and pulled the lines before noon did not keep count but it was constant action with many doubles, several triples and a quad probably would have had more of those but we couldn’t keep four lines in the water as the fish wouldn’t stop biting. We caught them all on RMT dodgers and squids, color didn’t matter but was running various pinks, greens and purple stuff tipped with pink maggots. We got them flat lining and on the down riggers 5’-10’ down with long 100’+ set backs. We spent the whole time circling Rainbow Bay. Well over 50 rainbows landed most around 16” the kids ran all the gear I just drove the boat. The picture is from the quad one of the few times we managed to have all four lines in the water at once. KSL was at the ramp when we came in and used some footage of the kids loading the boat on the evening news in their story about state parks. It was a fun day my daughter is an old pro at running the gear and kept the boys on track.
[Image: IMG-1928.jpg]
Way to go for your daughter showing the boys how it is done.
In the article it said that they had just over 700K visitors last year.

It's no wonder that I stopped going in the warm months

Glad you guys had a good trip.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Nicely done Shawn..Smiles always says you had a good trip...
That’s cool. Glad you guys had a good time!
I'll bet all of those kids will never forget this trip and will remember it for a long time. Good on you for taking the extra boys along.
Thumbs Up 
Fish-On Smiles, creating lasting memories. Rolleyes
(02-18-2024, 06:18 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I took my daughter and three neighborhood boys to Deer Creek Friday after seeing Robert’s report earlier in the week. We launched from the main ramp at 7:30 and pulled the lines before noon did not keep count but it was constant action with many doubles, several triples and a quad probably would have had more of those but we couldn’t keep four lines in the water as the fish wouldn’t stop biting. We caught them all on RMT dodgers and squids, color didn’t matter but was running various pinks, greens and purple stuff tipped with pink maggots. We got them flat lining and on the down riggers 5’-10’ down with long 100’+ set backs. We spent the whole time circling Rainbow Bay. Well over 50 rainbows landed most around 16” the kids ran all the gear I just drove the boat. The picture is from the quad one of the few times we managed to have all four lines in the water at once. KSL was at the ramp when we came in and used some footage of the kids loading the boat on the evening news in their story about state parks. It was a fun day my daughter is an old pro at running the gear and kept the boys on track.
[Image: IMG-1928.jpg]
congrats on a fun day! Im ready to get up there on the soft water soon-
Thanks for sharing a great report and the picture says it was a good trip! You seem to end up with youngsters on your boat as often as I do. I hope you enjoy it as much  Wink