Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been to Lost creek lately?
I got a drive by report a few weeks ago, that said there were people ice fishing it but I haven't heard anything recently. With all the crazy weather this winter, I'm not sure I want to chance a drive up there, just to find out it's not worth the effort, so I'm hoping someone has been up there and can give us a first hand report on the condition.
(02-21-2024, 12:10 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I got a drive by report a few weeks ago, that said there were people ice fishing it but I haven't heard anything recently. With all the crazy weather this winter, I'm not sure I want to chance a drive up there, just to find out it's not worth the effort, so I'm hoping someone has been up there and can give us a first hand report on the condition.

Was there Saturday. They are plowing all the way to the boat ramp. Slush, slush, slush monster is out. Maybe 3" of clear with 16" of slush and grey crap ice on top. Fishing was very slow where we were. Looked like nobody else we could see was catching either. Left at 11:30. Headed to Echo for the afternoon. Ice was better at Echo. No perch but nice Rainbows.
(02-21-2024, 02:06 PM)JBSPARKIE Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 12:10 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I got a drive by report a few weeks ago, that said there were people ice fishing it but I haven't heard anything recently. With all the crazy weather this winter, I'm not sure I want to chance a drive up there, just to find out it's not worth the effort, so I'm hoping someone has been up there and can give us a first hand report on the condition.

Was there Saturday. They are plowing all the way to the boat ramp. Slush, slush, slush monster is out. Maybe 3" of clear with 16" of slush and grey crap ice on top. Fishing was very slow where we were. Looked like nobody else we could see was catching either. Left at 11:30. Headed to Echo for the afternoon. Ice was better at Echo. No perch but nice Rainbows.

Thanks much for the report, 16 inches of slush and bad ice doesn't sound like any fun at all. From the sounds of it, an ATV would have a hard time getting around, but did you see anyone out there on one?
(02-21-2024, 02:35 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Thanks much for the report, 16 inches of slush and bad ice doesn't sound like any fun at all. From the sounds of it, an ATV would have a hard time getting around, but did you see anyone out there on one?
No. we tried to take the snowdog out but slush ended that quickly. A few snowmobiles were out but they seamed to have some trounbe also.
(02-21-2024, 06:50 PM)JBSPARKIE Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 02:35 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

No. we tried to take the snowdog out but slush ended that quickly. A few snowmobiles were out but they seamed to have some trounbe also.
OK, thanks for that added info.