Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICE?
Well good morning everyone. As I sit here this morning, I had this brain f**t pop up in my head. With this so called "winter" that we've had around this year, does anyone know if there is any ice on Ririe or other reservoirs around East Idaho. I've seen that Henry's has had ice, but I havent heard anything on places like Ririe.  Just curious, because now, they are calling for temps as high as the low 50's come this weekend according to the local weather forecasters.

With warm temps like that that even though we've had some cold temps off and on, we've still had some pretty warm, for the most part, temps this winter. So, what's the ice situation around here and any predictions as to when ice may go off on at least Ririe for this upcoming liquid ice season?  Oh, may as well ask too, has anyone been fishing Ririe, if so, what are some predictions for this upcoming season?

I hope everyone is doing well and health is keeping everyone going. Mine, Not hardly. My Pulmonary fibrosis is still hanging tough on me and slowly impacting my every day activities so not sure I'm gonna be able to get out at all this year which sucks, but, I can still dream with the best of the fish Gods, LOL.  Let's hear the forcasts and predictions.
According to sportsman's warehouse fishing reports there is some ice on ririe, but not very good ice.
Seen some reports that a few people have been out on the lakes around Preston.
Hope your health gives you a hall pass duksnfish and you get a chance to get out somewhere!
Sending healing thoughts and prayers!
(02-23-2024, 06:03 PM)MMDon Wrote: Hope your health gives you a hall pass duksnfish and you get a chance to get out somewhere!

Thanks MMDon much appreciated. Yesterday, for the first time this winter, I walked out back to my barn, about 300ft, and my lungs really took a beating just walking that far. Sad but thats what Pulmonary Fibrosis does to someone who cant exercise due to other health issues like I have. I have chronic pain syndrome in my left leg do to failed knee replacement, and have to use 2 canes to walk around much. But, I wont give up. I'll just try to push myself as much as I can to at least be able to get the boat out a couple times this year. That's rough too by myself, which is mostly what I can muster up. But, I love hearing fishing and hunting stories from all of you that still have you good health and stamina. Dont ever give up on life and what you have before ya. It's not fun. Luckily, I was able to have a good, no great 15 years after retirement at 50 to really enjoy life and fishing and waterfowl hunting. So, as I said at the start, I love waiting for the next fish story even if it is a fish story, LOL Smile.
(02-24-2024, 01:21 PM)duksnfish Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 06:03 PM)MMDon Wrote: Hope your health gives you a hall pass duksnfish and you get a chance to get out somewhere!

Thanks MMDon much appreciated. Yesterday, for the first time this winter, I walked out back to my barn, about 300ft, and my lungs really took a beating just walking that far. Sad but thats what Pulmonary Fibrosis does to someone who cant exercise due to other health issues like I have. I have chronic pain syndrome in my left leg do to failed knee replacement, and have to use 2 canes to walk around much. But, I wont give up. I'll just try to push myself as much as I can to at least be able to get the boat out a couple times this year. That's rough too by myself, which is mostly what I can muster up. But, I love hearing fishing and hunting stories from all of you that still have you good health and stamina. Dont ever give up on life and what you have before ya. It's not fun. Luckily, I was able to have a good, no great 15 years after retirement at 50 to really enjoy life and fishing and waterfowl hunting. So, as I said at the start, I love waiting for the next fish story even if it is a fish story, LOL Smile.
Thanks for your words of strength and encouragement! All the best Brother!

(02-24-2024, 01:21 PM)duksnfish Wrote:

Thanks for your words of strength and encouragement! All the best Brother!
So I wrote this it seems like years ago but it's only been about 2+ months. But, it still has its relation to Ririe. I imagine that any ice that was on Ririe is gone or should almost be gone (I hope someone can verify), but, I'd love to see if anyone is out on what liquid ice there is. Seeing how it's almost April, there should be a good number of hard core addicts that have ventured out to try and see what they can put in the cooler. It's also about time to start trying to see if any of those elusive Walleye can be put in the cooler as well. I'm betting that someone will catch a couple this year and I guess I'm a doubter that they will ever show up on a post here or in another place. Most of the time, I find that when someone finds out how to hook into a rare and elusive fish like this is caught, they will keep quiet in hopes of catching a few more of those delectable filiets. 

So, let's hear if folks. Has anyone been out and what are the catches but better yet, what's the water temp to give some of us an idea when we might wanna head out to burn a little bit of that illustrious carbon fuel that some are looking to ban in the future.

Post it up folks and let's see who's off to the races Smile
Blacktail is still mostly ice. Too soft to walk on. Too hard to boat through.

[Image: 7-F51568-B-30-F8-4-DAE-B60-E-2-ED90-E279901.jpg]
(03-30-2024, 02:26 PM)Icefisher33 Wrote: Blacktail is still mostly ice. Too soft to walk on. Too hard to boat through.
Thanks for the info and pic, amazing there is still that much ice there but it won't be long now until it's gone, just one more warm up should do it.
Winter keeps dragging on up that way, cold enough to keep ice, but not cold enough to keep it good.