Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln drive by
Nice weather this weekend so took a little drive out to Lincoln Beach area. Surprised by the amount of fishin' activity. Lots of people fishing for white bass or whatever at the launch area, didn't see any ketchin' but lots of younguns out with dad. Eight to 10 boats launched with most going around to the walleye areas. So good to see the water levels so high this early. The fields along the Benjamin Slough inlet were already flooded almost up to Beer Creek (couplie of miles).

I had read that the DWR was closing several access points for upgrades. Swede Land, Mill Race, Mulburry and Mosida were some of the areas to be closed for a month or so. Checked at Mullberry and noted that the access road that sometimes requires 4x4 had been filled in with gravel making access much easier. Good.

I hope to get out after the snowy weather goes away this week Should be a good year for fishing the big pond. I'm ready.

BLK
Hope you can find out where that 3-footer is hanging out this year.  Maybe I should come down and help you look for it.  Have tube...will travel.
(02-25-2024, 10:17 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Hope you can find out where that 3-footer is hanging out this year.  Maybe I should come down and help you look for it.  Have tube...will travel.

Pat.. Always an open invitation on this end. Kinda anxious to see what "improvements" they have made Mosida. Water is high enough make launching easy for tube or yak. Soon.
(02-25-2024, 10:51 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 10:17 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Hope you can find out where that 3-footer is hanging out this year.  Maybe I should come down and help you look for it.  Have tube...will travel.

Pat.. Always an open invitation on this end. Kinda anxious to see what "improvements" they have made Mosida. Water is high enough make launching easy for tube or yak. Soon.

If you get a chance you might take a looksee at the old ramps at the L.  With higher water that might be a good place to launch our non-boats.  I like to fish that area and it is a lot easier than launching at the main ramp if you can.
Hey Lynn, thanks for the drive by and the update. Jon and I spent Saturday morning one the lake but we were down by the bubble up, launched out of Provo. We didn't get skunked (well Jon didn't), he got a cat at 25 inches and a white 12 and a half. 

When we got to the ramp, there were no other vehicles. There were 2 rigs at the handicapped access that were clearly fishing for cats. When we got back around 2, mine was still the only trailer in the lot, but there must have been 20 rigs on the north dike and 5 or so on the south one.

I didn't see any catching either, I think everyone just saw it as the first sort of warm day in a while.

[Image: Jon-s-first-kitty-of-2024.jpg]
Hey Lynn, great report and season warm up.... Jim, looks like you got a start on things in February... I put a survey up to see if anyone wants to play for the cat contest this year... Give us a yes if you want us to move into season 11 for the summer cat classic.... or a no if you're tired of keeping track... Anyway fun to hear the cats of summer are coming back to town... Good luck and have fun... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Lyn, Ya those boats are after the big girls, you should be out there hitting that spot I showed you for WB a couple years ago or at least I would be on it if it was closer, should be warmer there than anywhere else right now, keeping close eye on the weather, maybe probably be 2 more before Ill make a trip out.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(02-28-2024, 09:49 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: Lyn, Ya those boats are after the big girls,  you should be out there hitting that spot I showed you for WB a couple years ago or at least I would be on it if it was closer, should be warmer there than anywhere else right now,  keeping close eye on the weather, maybe probably be 2 more before Ill make a trip out.

Good advice Mike, I plan to hit that spot as soon as stormy weather goes away. I'll have to pump you a bit on how to catch those eyes. It takes a smart and dedicated fisher to figure them out. I agree that spot will have a healthy population if whities early on. I'll be there. Might even take a supply of curly tails and try for those mythical (to me) walleyes. Can't wait. 
Lynn