Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Reservoir Wed and Thur.
we went after big Lakers left my house at 4AM had Icey roads so took us about a one hr. longer to get their.
had a hard time finding them, the ones we did find would not bit we were late getting on the water

3 of use were tired of of not catching anything so we went looking for Kokanee. 

first stop none,.  next stop about 4 mi away found them saw how deep they were put the down riggers down 
and we started catching 2 or 3 at a time when we went through the schools did not take us to long to get all that the law would allow.
good size some were 20 in.

next day went back the same place they were a lot harder to catch took us a lot longer to get are limit. 

but we went home happy,    did not get cold, flat water.     boat trailer got a flat tire,
(03-01-2024, 11:03 PM)liketrolling Wrote: we went after big Lakers left my house at 4AM had Icey roads so took us about a one hr. longer to get their.
had a hard time finding them, the ones we did find would not bit we were late getting on the water

first stop none,.  next stop about 4 mi away found them saw how deep they were put the down riggers down 
and we started catching 2 or 3 at a time when we went through the schools did not take us to long to get all that the law would allow.

next day went back the same place they were a lot harder to catch took us a lot longer to get are limit. 

but we went home happy,    did not get cold, flat water.     boat trailer got a flat tire,

Thanks for the report Robert, sounds like the koke catching is starting off good this year. A flat tire on your new trailer, bummer.
Flat water! Everything else is icing on the cake!
(03-01-2024, 11:03 PM)liketrolling Wrote: we went after big Lakers left my house at 4AM had Icey roads so took us about a one hr. longer to get their.

Thanks for the report. What presentation for the lakers? Did you mark any lakers, if so what depth?
An encouraging start on kokes - foretelling a better year to come...maybe...I hope
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(03-03-2024, 04:09 AM)Redrebel Wrote:

Thanks for the report. What presentation for the lakers? Did you mark any lakers, if so what depth?
I was trolling about 2 mph I was using short set backs, only ones I saw were on the bottom, only saw two together about 3 times