Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traffic Jam
Went to the ISE Thursday, left the house at 9am. As I was traveling on 750N thru Harrisville going towards Weber County Fairgrounds, spotted a train stopped and blocking traffic from US-89 that was near the WC Fairgrounds. What would take me 2mins to pick up a rider (AF Dan) took an additional 15min to go around by way of US-89 to Wall Ave in Ogden picking up 2nd to Ogden BDO backtracking and avoiding any railroad crossings. When I got to the other of the tracks, I could still see traffic backed up still near WCF and the train not moving. Picked up Dan and headed to I-15, it was smooth sailing until we got Farmington where there was an incident vehicle on the side & at the Legacy turnoff with a sign saying I-15 closed at 600N in Salt Lake City. The NEWS earlier had reported a wrong way driver entered in the south bound lanes going north crashing into a bus. Getting onto the Legacy traffic came to an immediate stop. We crawled for the next 10 miles that full stretch of Legacy until we finally merged into I-215 route and could see where I-15 traffic was also crawling merging also onto I-215. By the time we got to the I-80 turnoff traffic finally opened up getting to speed limit. What was going to take an hour to get to the ISE took 1h 50m leaving us with 10mins to spare to get our tickets. BTW, it was a good day to go to the show barring the travel, it was not crowded and everyone had time to BS. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF