Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facts Show Increase of Jobs Under Bush
[Image: spacer.gif]

[center][/center][Image: spacer.gif] [Image: spacer.gif]
[font "arial, helvetica"][size 3][font "arial,helvetica"][#003399][size 4]The Facts Show Increase of Jobs Under Bush[/size][/#003399][/font] [indent][font "arial,helvetica"][size 3]Paige McKenzie, NewsMax.com[/size][/font]
[font "arial,helvetica"][size 2]Wednesday, Feb. 25, 2004[/size][/font] [/indent]The media and Democrats keep repeating it over and over: "2.3 million jobs lost" since President Bush took office. His could be the worst job record since before World War II, they claim.

One little problem: It's not true.

Not only has there been no net loss of jobs during the Bush administration, there has been a net gain, even with the devastation of 9/11. At least 2.4 million jobs have been created since the president took office, 2 million of those in 2003. The gains more than offset the losses.

While Democrats continue to beat their election-year drums about outsourcing, manufacturing losses, unemployment and slow growth in employment, America’s economy has been steadily creating jobs.

At least 366,000 jobs have been created in the last five months, over 100,000 of those in January, White House press secretary Scott McClellan has noted. And though the eight-month recession “officially” ended in November, economic indicators are surprising economists and pointing toward a take-off in the recovery.

The signs:

[li]The 5.6 percent unemployment rate is the lowest in two years and below the average of the 1980s (7.3 percent) and '90s (5.8 percent), and still continues to drop.

[li]The nation's economic output revealed the strongest quarterly growth in 20 years. The data for the fourth quarter of 2003 show that the civilian labor force rose by 333,000, while the number of unemployed in the labor force dropped by 575,000. Even better, the number of so-called discouraged workers declined in December.

[li]Consumer spending grew between 4 percent and 5 percent last year, and real hourly earnings rose 1.5 percent. Real earnings have risen over the last three years.

[li]Exports doubled to 19 percent in the fourth quarter, compared to less than 9 percent in the third.

[li]The number of American workers is at an all-time high of 138.5 million, a level never before attained in U.S. history.

[li]Jobless claims are 10 percent below the average of the last 25 years and still falling.

[li]Hiring indices are up, even in manufacturing.

[li]Productivity growth is extremely high.

Now the doomsayers are criticizing the validity of the unemployment rate, which at 5.6 percent does not fit their gloomy story.

Faulty Counting

The problem is the areas of biggest job growth are usually not even being counted at all.

Though 75 percent of jobs are created by small companies, according to the Small Business Administration, this sector’s entrepreneurial activity and the jobs it creates are left out by Washington bean counters when calculating official new job numbers.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) does its Payroll Survey by phoning businesses to crunch the number of jobs that have been gained or lost. This is where Democrats grabbed onto their lifeline, the 2.3 million figure. Look only at the Payroll Survey, and there has been a gain of only 522,000 jobs since Bush took office.

But here’s the rub. The Household Survey is used to determine the unemployment rate and accounts for those who are self-employed, and small emerging businesses that might be overlooked by the Payroll Survey. But the number of U.S. firms isn’t static, and the "fixed list" used by the BLS for phoning established businesses does not reflect new entrepreneurial activity.

People are called at home and asked if they have jobs, or if they are in the market for a job. In contrast to the Payroll Survey, the Household Survey shows that 2.4 million jobs have been created so far during Bush's time in office.

As Economy.com writer Haseeb Ahmed recently wrote, "something is amiss in the [Payroll] survey."

Credit Where Credit Is Due

That’s not all. When doomsayers, and media spoiling for a fight in an election year, laughed at Bush’s prediction of 2.6 million new jobs this year, not everyone was scoffing.

Ahmed, Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan and others hardly batted an eye. Greenspan said it was "probably feasible" the economy would reach the Bush administration's forecast of adding 2.6 million jobs this year, provided growth continues and the productivity rate slows to more typically levels.

"I don't think it's 'Fantasyland,'" Greenspan said.

"I agree with him," said John Ryding, chief market economist at Bear Stearns. "I think that we will create 2.5 million, possibly more, jobs over the balance of the year."

Ahmed is convinced that "the revision patterns of the early-1990s recovery cycle" will be repeated. A total of 1.4 million job gains were revised upward to 2.9 million in the first 21 months after the end of the last recession, just after Bush Sr. was voted out of office.

Next: If elected, will John Kerry get credit for the jobs created under the Bush administration? And find out why so many workers are not being counted.

Editor's note:
[url "http://www.newsmax.com/jump/suggestions/bushcollection.htm"][#0000ff]Urgent: President Bush needs your support – Click Here Now and show your support to your friends and family [/#0000ff][/url]

[#0000ff][/#0000ff]

Read more on this subject in related Hot Topics:
[url "http://www.newsmax.com/hottopics/Media_Bias.shtml"][#0000ff]Media Bias[/#0000ff][/url]
[url "http://www.newsmax.com/hottopics/NewsMax_Scoops.shtml"][#0000ff]NewsMax Scoops[/#0000ff][/url]

[url "http://www.newsmax.com/hottopics/2004_Elections.shtml"][#0000ff]2004 Elections[/#0000ff][/url]

[url "http://www.newsmax.com/hottopics/Bush_Administration.shtml"][#0000ff]Bush Administration[/#0000ff][/url]

[/size][/font] [right] [/right]

[/li]this was edited to remove improper advertising only....
[signature]
[Tongue] Ya Bush did a good job with the war , but it ends there !!!!! Ask your self , are there more jobs out there cause of all the stuff were sending over to Iraq , rebuilding it ? If the jobs are up, maybe cause theres a bunch of our people over there protecting a place where we should be out of by now ? And theres jobs that had to be filled back home for the ones that are over there ? It seems to me that theres always another side of a wall , and if people just see one side , they don't know whats going on on the otherside !! I'm not a Dem , or a Rep , I vote for the person that I think would do the best for the country !! Is'nt that what its all about ? I hear you Rep 's bashing the Dem's , and the Dem's bashing the Rep's , doing whats right for their party ! Why don't they do whats right for the country !!!!! And I'm not talking just for the little guy (which is more of them ) or for the wealthy , just do right for Americans. Sending jobs out of the country don't sound good to me either ( Free trade crap ) , rebuilding Iraq don't sound good to me either , or unless we trade materials and stuff for oil , dollar for dollar !! If that happens , our tax dollars would be getting invested in oil and keeping the prices down , not just rebuilding there country for nothing !!! Gas prices are another topic I would like to vent!!! So there closing down some refinerys (sp) this year , and the price of gas is going to hit over 2.00 A GALLON !! WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT ????? There, were losing jobs in a big way and the people have to pay more out there checks just to get to work !! More $$$$ to the gas companys , less to spend on the other stuff , that sounds like it's going to slow down the economy ? Oh Ya , isn't Bush a Oil GUY ???? Just some stuff from the small guy !!

.P.S , Nothing like passing your $$ problems to the local govt to make yourself look good !!

[signature]
good counter points...
[signature]
there is a porblem with reading thise types of reports.

both sides are guilty of buying the media's and all of their publications.

you can look around and find contrary reports one after another. one side condeming the other, and both will be filled with half trouths. THIS IS CALLED POLITICS

siding with one side or another can be dangerous to your economic wellfare especialy if your employer has different veiws than you...

neither of the two sides have truly represented those in my financial status in years, and we are the physicaly disabled who are told that we have to pay in some instances up to 30% of our anual income before we can receive government funded medical even tho we pay 70% per month for the medical insurance we have to spend another $600 out of our pockets per year before the medical kicks in.

the republicans or demicrats have been no frend to us.

come this election it may reside to another toss of the coin when we can not see clearly who the lesser of the two evils are....

[#ff0000]to show you a contridictory report, here is one from the democratic party emailed to me,, I receive email by both parties. I am not disided at this moment who I will vote for....[/#ff0000]

[font "Arial"][size 2]George W. Bush

The White House, USA

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

LAW ENFORCEMENT:

I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.

MILITARY:

I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

COLLEGE:

I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:

I ran for U.S. Congress and lost.

I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.

With the help of my father and our right-wing friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:

I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union.

During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.

I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.

I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.

With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.

I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one
billion dollars per week.

I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.

I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S history.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market.

In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues every month.

I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.

I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President.

I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.

My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron.

My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision.

I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history.

I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.

I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US. history.

I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in U.S. history.

I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.

I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.

I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.

I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.

I refused to allow inspectors access to U.S. "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.

I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).

I set the record for least number of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.

I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period.

After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.

I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.
[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.

I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation.

I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.

I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families -- in war time.

In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq, then blamed the lies on our British friends.

I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.

I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.
[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.

All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review. [/size][/font]

[#ff0000]ths was written in joke form to get a point across, I thought it might be a bit more entertaining that the dry reading of the actual report....[/#ff0000]
[signature]
oh cmon newsmax.com is nothing but a consevative right wing freak show, you cant post anything from there as facts . . . the entire article you printed is a pack of lies nobody else will touch . .

sm
[signature]
[crazy] Basically you hit it right on the nose S.M !!!! You can't belive nothing you read or hear on both parties !!!! I'm not saying Kerry will make a better prez than Bush , or will one of the others !! What I think is that our country has to take a good look at the system itself !!! Rep against the Dems, whats that all about ? Why don't we have one party that looks out for all americans , thats who is paying their wages !! I work in construction , and I don't want my tax dollar going to a pesident that is going to slow down the economy , thats like committing suicide and living the nightmare after it !!! I know that a president can't please everyone all the time , but he should please the little guy , just as much as the big guys !! And right now the big boys are smiling ( wish I could shut down some of my company and make more profit ) I wonder if all those people that gave their lives over the years , fighting for their country , what would they think about how you can't trust anybody in office cause most of them lie !!!!

[signature]
[unsure] Thats a good eyeopener Dave , but what can a guy belive these days ? The only thing a person can do is look at the facts !!!! Are these FACTS helping me and my family ? If not , I won't vote for him. If its for the better of our country , I'll stand behind him 100% !!! Please look at your canidate your going to vote for , and make sure he is the one thats going to help you the most !!!! Don't just vote Rep or Dem cause your friend told you too ! Your parents might have diiferent reasons to vote for a person , don't just vote like they do , talk it over with them and find out there veiws , hopefully they went and checked on their facts , and not just listened to a friend !! This is America , the politicians work for US , we don't work for them !!!!!!!!

[signature]
that is sund advice, it is every ones responcibility to vote and it is their responcibility to look at each candidate. listen to what he says and look at his track record. then look around your town and see for your self the shape of the economy in your area. then look at home as you said.

I my self liked Gepheart, I hated to see him drop out so fast. I sure hope that people dont decide to vote according to how much corparate monies an individual can raise for his purpose.

I often wondered just what happens to that 140 million bush has raised thus far after the election... I emagine he takes it home in his pocket. there has never been any accounting for monies spent weather public or privet.....

what a scam!!!! How do I get these guys to send me millions of dollars to do as I please with out having to pay taxes on it?
[signature]
Never said I was a rep. or dem. Just thought I'd post something contrary to what we've been hearing so much about. Its amazing, you post something like this and everyone jumps all over you. Sheeesh! Lighten up guys..[unsure]
[signature]
lol its an election year, you have to expect this...

every one wants to get in a shot at their favorite pet peve, [laugh]

as long as there is no mud slinging something like this can be of use to us anglers. you just cant take it as a personal issue, because it clearly is not. true some will get frustrated when they cant get their point across. just so long as it is not taken to heart and the facts are layed on the table we can hope for the best.

this will serve to show to all pretenders to the throne that we anglers are quite serious about what is happening in DC. local and state offices as well. Then when it comes time to make a selection their entire history will be layed on the table for all to see.

We are short on facts about this democrat seeking position. till just recently I have yet to hear any thing about him. good or bad. Its time for some light to be shed on him. every one knows Bush is a flunky but what do we know about the crat? I am all ears....
[signature]
the way i see it , when we needed a butt kicker , he was there for the faMILYS and victoms and the heck with what the rest of the world thinks about his actions . they drew first blood , give them hell back !

now as far as the job conditions , that bull is too much to swallow , maybe the jobs were created outside our borders due to the nafta crap , but not here in the u.s. of a.

dag nab it , i'm getting riled again ! it just burns my biscuts when the polititions and the media think were stupid enough not to see whats going on all around us [mad].

screw nafta , screw giving our hard earned tax dollers all over the world without one bit of payback , and screw the polititions that think were gonna take it up the wazoo every time they get into office .

one day were gonna have a guy that actually takes the leadership of this country serousley , us little guys are gonna vote him in .

i gotta get off this subject before i blow a fuse , dad burn politicians are about as usefull as a birds nest in a fishing reel .
[signature]
Hey Dave you forgot the fact that the only reason he got in Yale was because they didn't have SAT's back them and his daddy was an alumni.
[signature]
lol I guess even tho I walk on water (hard water) I am not perfect eather,, [center].....DAVE T CLOWN FOR PRESIDENT......[/center]
[signature]
[Wink] Did 'nt mean to pick on you BearClaw , it was just the subject . I'm tired of the parties bashing each other and not doing right by the majority of the people ! And this time around , it don't look like we have anyone descent to pick from , and the way the economy is heading , I think the small guy is going to be in some hurting in a year or so !! Sorry again Bearclaw !!!!

your friend,
[signature]
I hear that Flagman,

the small guy is the foundation of the economy perimid, when that colapses the rest falls.

that is first year simple text book explanation of how our economy works. God help us when those incharge of making exective disisions do not realize it or do and are bought off buy the oil corporations.
[signature]
Yale and Harvard have some of the toughest requirements to get in and stay in. Makes you think how he made it through with a C average huh[crazy] Does he have a guardian angel? yeah, daddy[sly]
[signature]
Hey there davetclown, I am willing to vote for any candidate that will have fishing as an Olympic sport. That would be something that can be done at a more competive level.

People from all walks fo life could compete. Young and old alike. Abled as well as the physially challenged.
[signature]