Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Central Fl fishing report
Fishing Report Apr 7<br><br> Whew, what a months it's been. With so many charters and so many fish caught I really have to stop and think about whats been happening.Back in March as things began warming up we started working trout on the flats. Sure there was still a mixed bag of sheepshead,pompano, and ladyfish.The next 2 weeks we experianced an explosion on the beach. While some guides were targeting cobia and doing very well. Spanish mackerel had made their invasion and we were trolling,livebaiting and flyfishing to are hearts content. After a few 75 fish days the gulf became calm and quiet again.Pilchards began showing on the beach which really helped turn on the inside game. Although redfish have been a little hard to find last week because of high tides, Reeldreams anglers have been doing well on snook and jacks. Richard Matula landed a large Jack Crevelle (15lbs) at the New Pass bridge and eleven year old Raymond Horn landed our first legal snook of the season. Today we made it out for Kingfish despite blustery conditions from a late season cold front. We had no trouble trolling up our limit before deciding to head in because of building seas. That should be the last of unfavorable conditions although we really can't complain about the weather.Those looking for some fast action the next few months should consider the offshore trip. I'll keep you posted as I see things improving in the shallows the few weeks. Take care and good fishing.<br>Capt. Jim Roberts<br>Reeldreams Guide Service<br>www.fishsarasota.com<br>2416 Hibiscus St. <br>941 366-8992<br>Sarasota,Fl 34239<br><br><br>