Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Croakers
I have heard croakers mentioned many times in the fishing magazines I read. Ccan anyone tell me what they are and what is there real name?<br><br>J. Wayne Wilson
WayneWilson, <br><br>Verry tecnical but hear goes:<br>Member of the Drum family<br>Pseudosciaena manchurica *** Yellow Croaker *** Croaker (Yellowfish) <br>Roncador stearnsi *** Spotfin Croaker *** Croaker or Corvina <br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher.
Hi Wayne: (again) If you want to be a true-blue angler invest in the following references' "Probably More Than You Want To Know About The Fishes Of The Pacific Coast" by Milton Love" and "The Audubon Society Field Guide To North American Fishes, Whales & Dolphins". They are great reading. There are croakers all over the world. Most of them have common "local" names that may or may not classify them as croakers. The West coast coakers are: Tom Cod (White Croaker) White Sea Bass, Black Croaker, California Corbina, Spotfin Croaker, Queenfish (locally..Herring) and Yellowfin Croaker. When you heat the word CROAKER around here it always refers to the most sought after fish there is (in April) ....white sea bass. Catalina island needed a traffic cop last weekend. I never saw so many boats... ever! And they were all chasing sea bass. PS the small skiffs that got into 5 foot of water really scored well. Anyway the books I suggested are great references and should be placed in a convenient place in your house. Mine are right next to the toilet <br><br>George Van Zant<br><A HREF="http://www.bigfishtackle.com/georgescorner.htm " target="_new">http://www.bigfishtackle.com/georgescorner.htm </A><br>
Actually, here in California, white croaker is a common name of a species that is different from a white seabass. If it's a sportfish that you're talking about, then I'm sure the common reference is to the white seabass. <br><br>&gt;&lt;((((º&gt;`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸&gt;&lt;((((º&gt;¸..·´¯`·..&gt;&lt;((((º&gt;`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯`·.¸&gt;&lt;((((º&gt;·´¯`·.¸.<br>