Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
free advice for the new school guys
I'm handing out free advice now to young single guys; spend it on the outdoors, don't waste it. When I was younger and had a car, a cycle and a lot of cash to blow in the bars or at partys for the cute gals i would meet . i do regret my priorities during my youth. just think of all the time that was available for fishing and hunting before wives, mortgages, babies...
and now when i think of all that precious time wasted doing nothing, it makes me cringe! i guess all we can do is make sure that our children get to go fishing and hunting as much as possible.

If I had it to do over again, I would really learn those rivers and woods in my younger years, find a number of sweet spots that nobody knows anything about and then not tell anybody, that way in my middle years if I had a couple hours to get outdoors I would know right where to go to get a really good fix .

Once you start punching the timeclock and seeing the paycheck disapear before your very eyes you'll understand , but then it will be to late . Working zombies get very few hours in a week to themselves , usually the extra time goes to working on the house , fixing the car , cutting the grass , and avoiding the people who are trying to sneek there hands into your wallet ( insurance men , tax men , the traffic cop , doctors , lawyers , the school fund raiser people , plumbers , salesmen, in-laws , out laws , old friends , new friends , bill collectors , and relitives that feel you must help flip the bill by purchasing gifts for there special events they have going on in there own lives such as weddings , graduations , showers of every kind imaginable , and birthdays).

Yep , everyone will want your paycheck and your time . mother nature will be your only escape . She gives you so much and asks for so little in return , just respect for her and her wards .

Take it from this oldschool guy , get outdoors and feel what it's like to be alive before it's too late . If you already have a special someone in mind , take her as well . Let her know from the start that this is part of who you are and what you will be , an outdoorsman .

When is someone gonna invent a time travel machine ?

Your pal , lonehunter
[signature]
Great post lonehunter! When I graduated high school, I went into the Marine Corps. In there I got into the drinking, some gambling and what not. After I got out, it was nothing to drop half my paycheck on wine, women and song!lol. But, now adays, my bills are more than most married couples take home in a month. With the rising costs of everything essential to keep a family going, it sure makes you look back at your younger years and regret the things that you did that were foolish. Instead of having my high mortgage now, I could have been buying the house back then. But, as it was, I lived in mobile homes until I was almost 40 years old!

As much as I threw away on drinking, I could have had a very respectable home bought & paid for by now!

I gave my son a lecture about the foolish things that will be coming into his mind when he gets "of age". I think he will do better than the old man did back then. All I can do is hope.

Please listen to what lonehunter has said, all of you young folks out there. Experience can be a rough teacher.
[signature]
yep i regret all the lost funds , but all the gals , well [blush] [cool][Wink]!

the reason for the post is because mom won't let me get my lil' bro involved in the great outdoors , fishing or hunting !

he's a good kid and is getting his drivers licence soon and already has a gal that thinks he's the catch of the day . he's got the willingness to get out there , but not the permission .

gotta respect your parents wishes thou , but sooner or later i'm gonna snag him up for an outdoors adventure , he'de make a fine sportsman [Smile] .
[signature]
I noticed in my personal experiences people who fish and hunt and love nature are well rounded people. Those people breed more more well rounded people. Good luck.[sly]

I got my niece into fishing when she was 10 and we have gone every year, several times a year since.[Wink]
[signature]
Good post lonehunter![Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2725;][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2725;]
[signature]
good job releaseit , i do the same with my gals .
[signature]
When it comes to saying something you truley belive in , writting it is easy . I see it in posts like yours , Tubedude's, Daves , Bearlakemac's , and others alike .

I am casting off the sheds of the copy and post . Our readers deserve better than that . I will post the link to the article i find interesting to me , then post my views on it , approved or not . It is my hope that others follow sute .

Fishing is more than a pastime or hobby , it's part of my sole that keeps me alive , I will not cheepen it's spirit or meening .

Like you Bassmaster ND , I may not be posting in high volume , but what i do post from now on will be well worth reading [cool].

So by all rights , you deserve an "atta boy" for the good work as well .

My thanks to you , Lonehunter
[signature]