Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fished Rancocas Creek
Fished rancocas creek on my buddys bridge sunday.At first nothing was biting, so i switched sides of the bride. With in a few minutes my pole was almost in the water. No clue what it was because it spit the hook. Maybe a big catfish or Tiger muskie which i have caught in the summer there. I also get stripers there. I had a few other bites but could not hook them. I was using big worms and shinner/small sunnys for bait. All hits were on the worms. Seems like the fish are returing to the rivers and creeks!
[signature]
HI LilFisherman,

welcome to bigfishtackle. hope you will enoy your stay.

what state are you fishing from?

the seasons are returning for others faster than me, I am in sothern michigan. we have ice, but you cant get to it with out a boat and nor do I want to.
[signature]
Hey dave. I live in new jersey. This is about the time of the year when our salt/fresh water fish start biting. Its a shame up where you are there is ice, but ice fishing seems like its fun. I watch it on Tv alot. Good luck and hope the ice there melts for ya.

Ryan
[signature]
I enjoy ice fishing, I was hoping the ice was going to hold on a couple more weeks. but doubted it because it set in so late this year. we got 6 weeks of the hard stuff.

what is your favorite season up your way?
[signature]
here in the mitten the ice is out. so my tidbit fishing (bluegills - bream) has been sut down till late may early june. walleye season is closed now bass is closed stergeon is closed.

what comes in now is suckers (white and red horse) I like these for the smoker. and thay arent to bad fryed eatehr.

the guys are out eagerly awaiting the steal head runs (land locked salmon) smelt runs (giant minnows) to begin.

trout season dosnt begin untill the last saturday in april. I beleive pike walleye and muskie open back up on the same day as well.

Bass on the saturday before memorial day in may.

stergeon dosnt

my favorite are the gills... thats my bread and butter. I eat about 300 per year.
[signature]
[Image: Welcome.gif]Hey Lil Fisherman Its about time you showed up here and registered you missed a good day flounder fishing sunday Glad you signed up here there is some good people on these boards and alot of knowlege hope to see you posting some more reports
[signature]