Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baitcasting Reels
What's your favorite baitcasting reel, and why?
[signature]
I have been accustomed to the Penn JigMaster with the metal core in it. It has been in the family for many years and keeps on ticking. I also have Okumas, Daiwas and some of the newer Penn reels. They take a beating.
[signature]
i'd say i like all the ones i got as they all have there uses put my favorite is a abua garica 5500 C great all around reel
[signature]
I don't have one yet... soon though.... VERY VERY SOON! I got a $100 gift card to Gander MTN Monday for my bday. WATCH out Gander MTN!
[signature]
I like any abu garcia, megacast, and any quantum. They are all good reels. I'm looking to get a Pfluger.[cool]
[signature]
I have recently added some Avet, Trinidad, Saltist and Saltiga to my arsenal.[cool]
[signature]
Hey FisherMOM, you still out there? Haven't heard from you in quite a while! We miss you. Come back to us!
[signature]
Abu Garcia, hands down. And it's not because it's my favorite, it's because they are the best. Mind you, this is comming from someone who has done nothing but trophy fish for the last 15 years. I've landed 6 to 7 foot sharks on Abu 7000's. I've got Abu's that are older than I am, and still work flawlessly. There are alot of good reels on the market, many that have been doing it for along time, and i've used them all. It doesn't matter if you fish for bass, monster cat's and striper, or king mackeral; Abu Garcia has a reel that will cast as smooth as silk and put the breaks on a spicey speedster. However, some other really high quality reels are Penn International baitcasters and Calcutta series reels. They are super strong, super smooth, however super high priced.
[signature]
[cool] Quantum Energy PT!
[signature]
I like the Rick Clunn low profile baitcaster. Its nice. I have 3 of them
[signature]