Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINALLY...FISHING
[cool][blue][size 1]Last weekend was the full moon, and we had a heavy rainstorm Thursday night that dumped a lot of mud and cold water into Lake Pleasant, our target for the weekend.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Got on the water late because the first choice of luanch sites was taking heavy waves in the morning wind blowing in off the lake. Drove to the other end of the Lake, in a protected cove, where Castle Creek runs under a culverted bridge. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Lots of stickups in the area, which attract fish but made it tough to navigate with my horizontal rod rack. First time I had it out (see the pics.). It fished okay, but I prefer the upright for moving around through obstacles.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]At the creek inlet, there was lots of debris on the water. It was only 55 degrees at launch...down from the 59 of two days before. Saw quite a few fish on the sonar, but noting biting.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Kicked over to a secondary channel in which I have done well in the past. Put on a Roadrunner jighead and a 3" chartreuse twister. Needed something larger, colorful, flashy and noisy to get the fishies attention. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Second cast in the proven spot got me a solid munch and a good battle with a 15" white bass. Told TubeBabe (on the walkie talkie) to come over to that channel. Got a second fish a few casts later...a carbon copy of the first. Then the boats started trolling over the top of us and the bite quit. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I moved off to try to find some more willing fish while TubeBabe stayed to work the spot over more thoroughly. About an hour later I heard a whoop and holler and she announced she had scored a white bass too. Turned out to be a triplet to the twins I had caught.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]That was it. The seather this week is supposed to be in the mid to high eighties and the water will clear and warm. We are going to be back there before daybreak next Saturday. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Southernman is supposed to join us for some "bank stompin'" fishing, while we are out in the Fat Cats. It is often decent action right off the bridge, especially when the water warms and the shad start moving shallow to spawn. The largies, whities and striped bass are usually right in amongst em.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Oh yeah, there are a lot of wild burros around Lake Pleasant. Had some pose for a picture.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
It's good to see you back on the water again. As soon as the wind dies down over here I can take off my pier rat costume and slip into something more comfortable. Like waders and fins.

Nice looking White Bass. I bet they looked good on the plate as well. It's a good thing the cabin fever is over. My cabin just got a little salt on it but I am going to start a salt restricted diet soon.
[signature]
those look like some nice fish. the rack dont look that bad either.
[signature]
I"m sooooo jealous. Maybe I'll be able to score something this weekend at the mouth of the Provo, out in the lake. I can't imagine much being in the few inches of water that makes up the lake out there. It reminds me of the pictures I've seen of ocean flats. Maybe I'll pretend I'm bone fishing . . .
[signature]
Great report thanks TD! Those pictures are beautiful, looks like some fantastic desert scenery in that area.
[signature]