Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 newbees
[Wink][#804040][size 2]Well some people have a rough time getting into a tube on their first time out. Hey there Tube Wizzard don't you think this would work for the donut people?[/size][/#804040]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3120;]
[signature]
I have seen many people launching there tubes and for whatever reason when they went to sit down the tube launched itself and the tuber ended up in the drink! Very funny[laugh]

I was lucky enough to never have a launching incident, close, but no incident[blush]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]I must be getting warped in my old age. All I can think of when I see your invention is making that into a catapult.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Shall we see how far we can fling a float tuber?[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]In my unpublished book, I devote an entire chapter to the subject of launching and beaching. But, as I have discovered, it does not matter how much "book larnin'" you give somebody, they still have to work through the mechanics themselves. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I chortle and guffaw every time I watch one of the fishing "EXPERTS" on the TV shows try to do a program on float tubing. It has become better, with the advant of open ended craft, but in the days of the donut some of those shows were hilarious. Not only did they try to launch in partially inflated craft...which quickly sagged and left them hanging by their armpits...they actually told people to put their fins on first and then step into the tubes. Sometimes they tried to do this after wading out into a couple of feet of water. I am sure there was some disaster footage that never made it to the actual show.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I am still chuckling...thinking about making a tuber catapult. Good thought DR.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]