Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jordanelle
I went to Jordanelle today for a few hours. The perch bite is still strong. I had the most success in about 20' of water using wax worms and night crawlers within a couple of feet of the bottom. I probably caught 50+ perch in the time that I was there. A couple of times I thought that I had a trout on, but they turned out to be chubs. I fished the Hailstone area of the lake. There was plenty of ice (4 inches of junk and 12 inches of clear ice) and the edges were still solid.

-el guapo
[signature]
Did you fish near the main boat ramp or somewhere else?
[signature]
I fished by both the main ramp and the other side east of the personal watercraft ramp.

-el guapo
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I have put the ice gear away until next winter. Welcome to the site.
[signature]
Hey El-Guapo nice name! Would you say that you caught a plethora of perch? I assume that you are a 3 Amigos fan?
[signature]
[url "mailto:R@pe"]R@pe[/url] the horses and ride off on the women[laugh]
[signature]
[cool]Good report, el-guapo, and welcome to the site. Your gonna like it here!

I was about to put my ice gear up till Thanksgiving at Scofield, but you've convinced me to go out for some of those delicious perch tomorrow! I'll have my radio's so I'll be on channel 12 if any of you guys are going!
[signature]
I love the (singing)----THREE AMIGOS. I went again to Jordanelle (Friday) and the fishing was just as good. I caught 100+ perch, 1 trout (small), and a bunch of chubs. It ticks me off to catch so many chubs. They feel like trout on the way up, but what a letdown when you see them come through the hole. I was fishing on the Hailstone side west of the main boat ramp. I fished for a little while by the private docks with limited success. I had something big on but I never got it up to the surface. I am planning on going back up there this upcoming Tuesday with my fishing-deprived brother. We will be wearing some weird clothes/accessories-it's kind of a tradition whenever we go fishing or hunting. Say hi if you see us.

The infamous(more than famous),

el-guapo
[signature]
What is the condition of the ice? Is it getting slushy now and are the edges getting soft with the warmer weather? Glad to hear Jordanelle is still providing some decent perch action.
[signature]
As of friday the edges were firm. There were about 4" of frozen slush on top of 12" of clear ice. Even with the warm weather, I think that the edges will hold for at least one more week.

-el-guapo
[signature]
[cool]Went up on saturday. First time perch fishing with no fishfinder(like usual) and caught 35 perch, 1 chub and the best part of the day was an 18.5 inch 2.5 lb brown that fought more like a 4 pounder. Man he was fun!

Ice is in excellent shape up there. Even the edges were good. Left the ice at 2:00 and by then it was a little slushy on top but not bad. Make sure to take sunblock! I'd say even with these warm temps it should still be good for another week or two before the edges suck. Man, those perch sure were tiny. I'd say the average perch outa there was about 4-6 inches.
[signature]
Hey el-guapo, nice report and welcome to the site![cool] Yeah those chubs in Jordanelle are a pain in the #$% I've even caught them trolling big j-9 rappallas.
[signature]