Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buddys strawberry report
one of my non bft buddys went to strawberry yesterday so before he left i gave him some jigs to try. he said he caught a few smaller ones on my custom tied jigs then he put on a moose crawtube with crawdaddy smelly jelly and bam a 31in cutthroat weighing in around 10lbs. he said he would get me the pictures to post. the fish is on its way to the taxidermist.
[signature]
Gotta make you wonder if it was the tube or the jelly. I love that crawdad jelly, if the fish are looking for dads, they jump all over that stuff. Caught my biggest Walleye on Starvation with it smeared all over a 4" rainbow tube (4lbs. and 24"). Thanks for sharing. I have yet to go over 6lbs. with a cut, I'm jealous.
[signature]
Holy Crap! I went to Moose's site the other day and saw those crawdad tube's and thought to myself "those look pretty realistic, maybe I should pm moose and ask about them" but didn't. Now, I think I will. They look more realistic then the Berkley 1' power grubs that look like crawdads, and I've had decent success with them at Scofield. Gotta get me some of those.

Lookin forward to seeing those pics of that monster cut!
[signature]
Please post the pics..I've logged 100's and 100's of hours fishing the berry...A 31 inch 10 lb Cutt....Hmmmm ???? Need to see the pics
[signature]
I must have missed the web address for moose's tubes. Would someone mind re-posting it so i can go check it out?[Smile]
[signature]
should be a link on here for a look at them. and here is an attachment of the pic. it's not the best pic but you'll get a good idea. the color is cajun
[signature]
Moose, can't get your web site up, HELP! [Smile]
[signature]
ok I think the link should be working now try it [url "http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MOUN8309/"]http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MOUN8309/[/url]
[signature]
Still can't get it. Not very good with the "puter' .[Sad]
[signature]
Sorry, Got it. Thanks, TM
[signature]
I just lost one to the rock gods at Grantsville yesterday . I know it would of got mr brown trout attention but it snagged up instead . Had lots of bites on that one at Strawberry as well but never hooked up on any last fall . Great looking craw !!! Caught some smallies with that one too at Pineview . I forgot the colors you told me they were but that one I did best with .
[signature]
fishesalot pic or no pic i trust this buddy hes not the average fisherman (he dont lie about his catch) i also have logged alot of hours on the berry and never caught one that big but i know they are in there
[signature]