Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
float tubes on silverwood????
I live in Utah and I will be by silverwood lake for a visit, I was wondering if you could use a float tube on the lake.
[signature]
i used to fish silverwood alot when i lived in the area ( now in utah also ) and the year before i moved they opened it to float tubes of course i'm talking ten years ago so it could have changed to no tubes again i'm sure someone here will let you know for sure

but a word to the wise being a canyon reservoir it can get VERY WINDY there so use caution are you may find yourself one the other side of the lake
[signature]
thanks for the info
[signature]

Hi there aquaman,

The wind would not be good but a 25 pound striper could pull me around the lake and I wouldn't mind. One thing one really needs to do on unfamiliar or water where you might literally get 'carried away' is to fish with a buddy AND... have a set of Talk-abouts as they also have a channel that's usually monitored by the authorties.

Gonna fish there one of these days.

JapanRon
[signature]
I would be tempted to go an check it out once it is back into full swing. I would still bring my tube along just in case. I've caught big cats on a tube and had the ride of my life. I would love to make it into the 50lb striper club at another lake that is closer to me. (Castaic) but they won't allow tubes in the upper lake.
[signature]
i'll tell you next month would be the time to hit it kinda of a long distance to the inlet i would think about 1 mile so a poontoon boat might work better but you go there ( inlet ) and toss big 6/7" trout pattern plugs for the big stripper with no boats on the water yours would be the only one to look at
[signature]
If you keep talking like that I may just be tempted to put my old merc on the back of my tube.[cool] That will get me around alot quicker. hee hee.[Wink]
[signature]
Hello brownsie,

Let us know how you do, I would imagine you'll SLAY'EM. Its worming up and the lake hasn't really been fished since the fires, you may be in for some serious action.

Please let us know how things turn out. I'm looking forward to getting out to Silverwood next month.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hey theangler, let me know when you plan on going. Maybe I can join you out there. I don't mind driving a couple hours to fish.
[signature]