Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone go to Willard today?
I went monday with no luck, a friend went tuesday with no luck, anyone else been out this week?<br><br>
We went out this afternoon and caught a few wipers, none over 18 inches. The water was 58 degree when we got there and it got up to 65 at one point. A few people were catching smallmouth and the people on the shore were catching small catfish. WH2<br><br>
Here is a paste from a e-mail that I recieved today on Utah Lake.<br>"the fishing was slower today but we caught 4 mud cats 2 blue gill and 1 white bass. One guy who was there early early caught 4 walley from the bank on pearl white jigs he called them all four were good size the largest 10 pounds and the channel cat are starting to come in."<br>This was Utah Lake Lindon Harbor <br><br>I think that with the unsettled weather that we are going to have this week we are going to have swings in the fishing.<br><br>
Hi Patti, it is a lot easier to catch wipers if you have a boat. If you get a chance to go out today or tomorrow that will be your best chance to catch wipers this week. The fishing slows when a front moves in<br>and a few days of warm weather makes all the difference when it comes to wiper fishing. Fishing in Utah is<br>nothing like fishing in the Sea but it can still be a lot of fun and wipers are as good as it gets in Utah. Good<br>luck, WH2<br><br>
I thought thursday looked like the best day to try Willard this week, I was wrong. Fished for a few hours in the morning, had a few hits but no luck. The water temp was 54 degree. WH2<br><br>
What area of Willard did your son catch the walleye and what was he using?<br><br>
Well the fishing at Willard is finally picking up, at least for me. I fished from 6:00pm until dark last night, water temp was 66 degree. Most were 14inches but I did get one that was 18 in. and I had a hard time getting the pole out of the holder. Has anyone caught any wipers this year that are 20in plus, in size? Most of the fish I caught last night were caught near the bottom. WH2<br><br>
Went out again tonight, there must have been 12 boats around the wipers, everyone was catching them. Too many people for me, so after I caught one I went after the walleye and caught a couple before the wind came up. WH2<br><br>
Went to willard friday morning and after the wind died down, the walleye fishing was great. Wiper fishing was slow, but we did manage to catch a 22 inch wiper. WH2 <br><br>
This is the last post for me on this thread. Went to willard today from 7:30-12:00, fishing was slow. Did manage two nice wipers, the water was 68degree, the fish were deep again. I need to try the evening maybe the fishing would be better. WH2<br><br>
The evening bite has been better for use. 7:00pm till almost dark but it still isn't red hot.<br><br>