Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to keep you hands from smelling like fish,what do you use?
i use lemon or orange juice to remove the fishy oder and scales from hands works really well ,any more ideas?
[signature]
Find a skunk. Grab it. No more fisy smell[cool][crazy]

Seriously though, I use orange soap or just regular and scrub for like 10 minutes. Then put some of your wife's lotion on (if it's not to girly).

When fishing for catfish I do everything I can to not touch the cat directly with my hands. That is the worst fishy smell and it stays for days. Other species is wears off pretty fast.
[signature]
I USE LEMON FRESH DAWN. IT TAKES ALOT WORSE ODORS OFF THAN FISH. IT HELPS IF YOU CAN GET A HOSPITAL SCRUB BRUSH THOSE THINGS WORK WONDERS.
[signature]
old fishermen never die....they just smell that way
[signature]
I use the hunter green soap from Hunters Specialties. I always have a bottle around from deer hunting. Does a good job on fish odors too.
[signature]
I discovered that the Old Spice shower gel works the best for me.[cool]
[signature]
i'v heard that the lemon juice or lime juice in the little bottles works great[Smile]
[signature]
If you have ever seen the stink elimination "bar" in cabelas or bass pro shops catalogs, It works. it is made of stainless steel and if you have any peice of stainless you rub your hands with it under cool water, warm seems not to work, it takes ANY oder off I have yet to try it on skunk yet...and It worked on my dogs...they can stink just at much from swimming around you all day while you try to fish...

When I am lacking the presence of a peice of stainless..I use half a fresh lemon, common in my house where the bar is always open, squeeze it on yer hands, then rub em and rub em again with the leftovers of the lemon...you will come out smelling like a ..... lemon...but its better than smelling like a fish's butt.

Laters,
[signature]
well the lemon hasen't worked for me , i've been using the arm and hammer approach . "baking soda " , that is .
as far as skunk , the smoke from wet smoldering leaves nutrelises skunk oder , enzines and all that stuff released from the leaves dose it .
i'll give the staneless a try . i'm guessing a persons boidy chemestry has a lot to do with what works for one guy and not another .
[signature]
I use toothpaste, sounds weird but it works.

Best Fishes

Chris
[signature]
dosen't sound weird to me , heck you ever hear what those fancy spa's get for slapping mud on a gal's face , or for putting mayo in their hair ? [crazy]

welcome huskieplayer15 , good to hear from you [Smile]!
[signature]
Welcome aboard huskiesplayer15. I would probably go with the preventative route on the fishy smell. I have some Nitrile gloves. They are for high risk situations. Keeps the fishy smell off the hands[cool] and also keeps fishy spines from poking the skin.[pirate]
[signature]
[cool][#800000][size 2]Tomato juice works for me. Also good to use on your dog if it meets up with that black & white pussy cat[/size][/#800000].[Tongue]
[signature]
I like to keep a bottle of that waterless hand sanitizer with me fishing, it works great!!! Keeps hands clean and non fish smelling.
[signature]
personaly I like to kill two birds with one stone.

I like to scratch my backwards Smile ! that gets rid of the itch and the fish smell[laugh]
[signature]