Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handy & Cheap Mesh Bag
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey fellow fisherfolk, I just scored a great buy. TubeBabe and I hit a local swap meet this weekend and of course we checked out all of the cheapo and discount booths. Saw a new item in three or four of those places and bought a couple to try. [/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]These are a nylon mesh bag about 14" by 14" wide and 23" high when opened. And, they have spring steel wires in the corners to hold them open. The real kicker is that they come folded up in a little pouch. When you take them out of the pouch, they pop into shape.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]They come in many different colors. I got two blue ones. They are only $2 apiece, and should make great bait receivers...or even live baskets. The problem with using mesh baskets has always been keeping them open, to avoid suffocating the fish.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I can see rigging up one with some foam swimming pool "noodles" and having a cheap, quick and efficient fish basket. The bottom is flimsy nylon, so that would have to be reinforced or replaced, if you panned to carry a heavy load of fish in it.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]See the pics of the label and the actual bag.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I am betting that these will be available almost anywhere there are discount stores or swapmeet type situations. There has got to be a million uses for these things...maybe even some nonfishing ones.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Just when it seems like it can't get any better, you come through with your new and improved design on everything. That bag looks nice and compact when folded up and just the right size when open. Way to go TD. You just racked up some more points. You can pass GO and collect $200.
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Yeah, I know, the check is in the mail. Right?[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]I knew when I saw those that there had to be some good applications. I'm sure that a creative mind could come up with all kinds of ideas.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]They are made in China (naturally). Very clever.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#804040][size 2]Hey there TubeDude - thanks for sharing that mesh bag with us. Every little bit helps in keeping the weight down. [/size][/#804040]
[signature]

Hi there TubeDude,

Two bucks?! Oh Man! The exact same thing is sold at both my local Super K-mart and Target. As you know, they are in two different sizes and Kiyo and littlefish swear by them as live fish bags. I think the one you described is the smaller model.

I got one, at a yard sale, because I wanted to figure out how to keep it from deploying to its full size while retaining the shape and function of one fully expanded.

JapanRon
[signature]