Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Lincoln Beach report
Yesterday was one of those days you only dream about. I was catching huge catfish on every cast -- then I woke up and it was time to get ready to go fishing! Sawdustbob and I started fishing at Lincoln Beach yesterday at around 9:30 AM. We got a few bites and I managed to land a 3 pound (Bob, I put a new battery in my digital scale and weighed it when I got home) channel cat. In the afternoon we moved over just outside of First Spring and fished for walleye and cats. If one wanted to put a crawler on -- plenty of mudcats could be caught, but the channels and walleye were not biting. Beautiful day to be out and nice to meet a new fisherman.
[signature]
where were you fishing at when you caught the channel?

JOe
[signature]
GOLLY KENT,

SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT DAY OUT THERE, I HAVE NEVER CAUGHT A CAT, COURSE I HAVE NEVER HAD THE DESIRE TO EITHER. I HAVE EATEN THEM, I DIDNT CARE FOR THE MUSHY TEXTURE MEAT. WHERE IS THE FIRST SPRING FROM LICOLN BEACH? I HAVE THE IDEA IN MY HEAD THIS YEAR THAT IF I CAN GET A BOAT, I AM GOING TO FISH UTAH LAKE, I NEVER HAVE, AND I HAVE LIVED HERE FOR OVER 27 YEARS...I WAS BORN IN SLC, SO I ALWAYS HEAR ABOUT IT, BUT NEVER MADE IT THERE. THIS IS THE YEAR, I THINK, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT DAY. HOW DO YOU HANDLE AND CLEAN A CAT?
[signature]
We were fishing from a boat out from the marina.
[signature]
Here are the directions to Lincoln Beach and First Spring that I have provided on many occasions.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=114484;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=114484;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
You have really missed out -- catfish are one of the hardest fighting Utah fishes. As far as eating them -- I prefer them over most other fish. You may have gotten some poor quality fish.
[signature]
So you only used worms to catch the kitties?I am planning on going there saturday morning.Should i take some other kind of bait?
[signature]
Crawlers if you want to catch mudcats. Minnows, shrimp, or whatever works for you will give you better odds for the channel cats.
[signature]
Hey ocean if you got carp meat or can get it before you go DO IT! For me I rarely catch a channel on worms. I usually only get mudcats that way. If you want consistently more channels, go with carp meat, perch meat or white bass meat. Shrimp works good too but it costs a lot more than going out and getting a carp.
[signature]
Kentofnsl,

Glad that you are using the Utah fishing holes as a link to provide info for others. Once again, thank you for sharing the directions. You are a true gentleman and very educated in the sport! Sounds like a fun day and hope my raincheck to fish with you is still valid.
[signature]