Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B.F.T menbers , You can make a difference !
Hey fellow anglers,

Pasted below is a survey that is sponsored and whose results will be looked at by the U.S. Forestry service. After speaking to Dr. Klenosky, he permitted me to pass this along with hopes that it will increase its impact once the results and data are considered for stream and lake development by industry. I thought it would be good to pass along.

*Important:* In the "comments" section at the end, ensure you mention BigFishTackle.com is where you obtained the survey link. Thanks for making a difference, the intro is below.

Hello,
My name is David Klenosky. I'm a Professor of Recreation Management at Purdue University and have been working on a research project examining how factories, industrial buildings, odors, noises, and other environmental factors affect where people choose to go fishing.

You’re under no obligation to participate in the survey. All your responses will be kept confidential – no identifying information will be collected. Accessing the survey website (by clicking on the link below or cutting and pasting the website address into your browser) will take you to a secure location where you will find instructions for completing and submitting the survey:

[url "http://www.sla.purdue.edu/survey/~klenosky/fishing/fishingsurvey.asp"]http://www.sla.purdue.edu/survey/~klenosky/fishing/fishingsurvey.asp[/url]

Only a small number of people are being contacted to participate in this study. So even if you rarely fish or haven’t gone fishing lately, please take a few minutes to submit a survey. It would help considerably if you could if you complete the survey as soon as possible (but by April 5, 2004 at the latest).

****Results from the survey will help resource agencies in their efforts to develop, preserve, and restore fishing areas and other outdoor resources. By sharing your experiences and opinions you can help improve the quality of life in our community.*****

If you have any questions about this study please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

Dave Klenosky

David B. Klenosky, Ph.D.
Department of Health & Kinesiology
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2046
Voice: (765) 494-0865
Fax: (765) 496-1239
Email: klenosky@purdue.edu
[signature]

Hey there lonehunter,

OK, I'll bite! Will do it later today.

JapanRon
[signature]
Just filled the survey out! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I hope this research leads to some positive impact in our environment.
[signature]
FILLED OUT THE SURVEY AND DIDN'T FORGET TO MENTION B.F.T. AT THE BOTTOM.
[signature]
Took the survey. Thanks.
[signature]
I TOOK THE SURVEY[Smile]
[signature]
I took the survey too. I hope it helps them decide on things.
[signature]
I also took the survey. Don't worry I mentioned BFT.
[signature]
[cool][#804040][size 2]Hey lonehunter,[/size][/#804040]

[#804040][size 2]Thanks for bringing the survey to our attention. Just completed same. Also mention our BFT site and pasted in our URL.[/size][/#804040]
[signature]
yep , i did the same !

wished a whole bunch of other members would do the same too !
[signature]
i also took the survey and also said BTF
[signature]
[cool] cool [cool] !
[signature]